Rule 48 | Never be overpossessive of your roommate.

TONIGHT WAS MY sixteenth night sleeping in the same bed as Jungkook and although, by now, I should've gotten used to his presence and the flurry of toe-curling thoughts and sensations that followed it, I still hadn't

Nor did I think I ever could, if he continued to run his hands so leisurely along my waist, all while pulling me impossibly close to himself and brushing his lips against the bare skin of the nape of my neck with a deliberate unhaste as he uttered his next words.

"Face me tonight?" The request was simple. All I had to do was turn around and instead of boring holes into the plain white wall in front of me, I'd be staring at his ridiculously handsome face instead.

Not a bad idea.

But considering the fact that it hadn't even been an hour since he had unabashedly told me that I was his, and that I still wasn't done processing that information, it felt like the worst one I'd ever had.

Because turning around meant facing him, and facing him meant eye contact.

The last time we'd made eye contact in bed, I'd ended up with his fingers between my legs.

I swallowed down the nervous lump in my throat. Just because I, in a rare moment of courage, had willingly and oh so boldly asked him to give me an orgasm once, what if he thought of it as me giving him the green light for approaching the next step?

Was I ready for the next step?

What even was the next step?

"What are you even thinking about, flower?" Jungkook's slow chuckle from behind me quickly brought me back to reality as I blinked.

Good heavens, what was I even thinking?

Jungkook's words sounded pretty harmless. The poor guy probably just wanted to face me, that's all. What was I doing unnecessarily letting my mind wander and hyperventilating about things that weren't even going to happen?

At least not yet.

And even if they did, I could always tell Jungkook no. He had always respected my boundaries that way and there was absolutely no reason for him to not do the same anymore. In fact, I trusted him to—

"I'm pretty sure I asked you to face me and not fuck me, baby." The amusement was loud and clear in his voice as I shivered at the sudden rush of warmth that coursed through my skin, my cheeks colouring in embarrassment.

"So you really have no reason to continue staring into nothingness and not face me," I could feel him smile against my bare skin, clearly enjoying this a little too much. "-unless you're actually disappointed that I didn't say the latter."

He did not.

"Aren't you?" Turning towards him, I crossed my arms as elegantly as I could while still lying down and mustered all the confidence I possibly could before saying, "To me you're the one who actually looks more disappointed because you couldn't ask me to f-word you."