Rule 70 | Never promise your roommate anything they want.

"OH MY GOD, eonni looks so beautiful, eomma!" Jieun screamed happily, standing at the house's main entrance and eagerly bouncing on her little feet while eomma kept a gentle, restraining grip on her shoulders to prevent her from running out int...

   "OH MY GOD, eonni looks so beautiful, eomma!" Jieun screamed happily, standing at the house's main entrance and eagerly bouncing on her little feet while eomma kept a gentle, restraining grip on her shoulders to prevent her from running out into the street.

"Of course, she does. She's the birthday girl." My mother whispered fondly, smiling as I laughed and pulled her into a loose hug.

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart." She mumbled lovingly, lightly stroking my back as I hugged her a little tighter. I wasn't much for elaborate displays of affection but I still couldn't deny the existence of my soft spot for hugs. Especially if they were given by my loved ones.

"Thank you, eomma." I smiled at her as we pulled apart slowly, before turning to look at Jieun who was pouting now, looking up between eomma and I with an adorably cross expression.

"I wanted to wish you first, eonni!" She exclaimed in a slightly hurt voice, her little lips trembling as she blinked up at me in a way that broke my heart. She wasn't complaining, but I knew she was already upset that she didn't get to accompany me for my birthday shopping, so the last thing I wanted to do was to make her even sadder on a day that she was always more excited about than me.

"You can wish me now, baby." I cooed softly, bending downwards to lift her up in my arms, an offer which she readily complied with as I picked her up and placed her at my hip.

"Happy Birthday, eonni. I missed you." She finally murmured, quickly throwing her arms around my neck before resting the side of her head on my shoulder like she always did.

"Did you get something for me from Seoul?" Her tiny fingers messed with the straps of my dress absentmindedly as she looked at me with wide, curious eyes. "I know you told me not to do that but I cried a lot when I didn't see you yesterday morning. So eomma told me that you would bring me a gift if I stopped crying and was a good girl." She sniffed as I carried her towards the house, eomma and Jungkook following close behind.

"Aww, you are a good girl, Jieun-ah." I said endearingly, gently stroking her wavy hair that she'd messed up through the morning, and caressed her warm cheek with my thumb. "You're the sweetest little girl in this whole entire world. So of course, I have bought a gift for you."

Hearing that she perked up.

"Really?" Eyes bright, she flashed me an adorable toothy grin before grabbing my face and swooping in to press a kiss to my cheek. "You're the best, eonni!"

She was so adorable, I couldn't help but laugh out at her childish antics as I grew aware of Jungkook's gaze on me. He was right behind me now, silently making weird faces at Jieun, ones that Jieun reciprocated with equally weird faces of her own, as eomma good-naturedly rolled her eyes at the two's ridiculous behaviour before heading towards the kitchen.

"I'm really offended that you didn't miss me at all, Jieun-ah. Only your beautiful eonni. Is that all our friendship's worth?" He said, mock hurt pacing his words as Jieun giggled.