Rule 31 | Don't let your friends know you love your roommate, just don't.

BY THE TIME I finally gathered enough courage to come out of Jungkook's bedroom, it seemed as if everyone in the house had heard about the not-so-little incident from this morning already

   BY THE TIME I finally gathered enough courage to come out of Jungkook's bedroom, it seemed as if everyone in the house had heard about the not-so-little incident from this morning already. Courtesy, of course, to Jimin and Hoseok sunbae who still stood in the kitchen with their back to me as they loudly bickered about whose version of the 'Jungkook on top of Y/N' story was more accurate, not at all bothering to be discreet about the whole deal.

In their defence, they still hadn't heard me walking into the living room. Otherwise, I was pretty sure that at least Hoseok sunbae would be too embarrassed to discuss the events of today morning in front of me.

Suddenly feeling too hesitant to make my presence known to the arguing boys, I nearly turned on my heel to race back to Jungkook's room but stopped in my tracks when I heard him speak from right behind me.

"What are you guys talking about?" His question was direct as the two boys immediately snapped up to look in our direction, eyes fluttering wide in mild surprise.

Frozen in my spot, I jumped involuntarily as I felt Jungkook step closer, his shoulder gently nudging mine as he shot me a little lopsided grin before moving past me. Grabbing an apple from the fruit basket on top of the kitchen island, he carelessly tossed it upwards before catching it with the same hand and biting into it effortlessly as he sauntered towards his friends.

I noticed he'd gotten changed into a pair of light wash, ripped blue jeans and one of his favourite oversized white t-shirts before following me out. There was just something about this particular combination that seemed to suit his svelte frame so insanely well despite it being a relatively simple outfit.

Perhaps, it was just another advantage that came with being both rich and handsome.

Shaking my head at my ridiculous train of thoughts, I slowly made my way towards the kitchen as well, not noticing that Jungkook had suddenly stopped walking.

"Um, Jungkook, why did you—" I began but was cut off by his high, incredulous voice as he nearly dropped his apple mid-bite.

"Jin hyung?!" He yelled in disbelief, rushing inside the kitchen and tackling the said person in a bear hug as a series of loud, convulsive laughs echoed from the latter's mouth.

"Yep, that's me." The man nodded, smiling indulgently as he finally stepped away to reveal himself, his gorgeously youthful features pulling into a pleasant, almost adoring expression as he grinned back at my roommate.

"Wow, I haven't seen you in months." He breathed, looking at Jungkook with the familiarity of someone who's known him his whole life. "How is it that you get more handsome every single time I see you?"

Behind them, Jimin snickered. "It's funny you of all people should ask that, hyung. But oh well, I'll still tell you." He crooned, grinning roguishly as he threw a mischievous look at Jungkook. "He hasn't actually gotten more handsome, it's just the glow of love."