Rule 61 | Never feed your roommate spicy kimchi.

"EONNI, YOU SMELL different today

"EONNI, YOU SMELL different today." Jieun mumbled as she climbed into my lap at dinner. She'd spent the whole day with me today, sitting beside me and drawing while I made the kimchi. I assumed, as the day of my return to Seoul rolled nearer and nearer, she was growing agitated at the idea of having to let go of me once again and wanted to spend every moment she could with me.

It didn't help that her new favourite oppa hadn't been around either. Jungkook had initially planned to stay in today, insisting that he wanted to help me in any way he could. But at around nine in the morning, he'd received a call from Jin sunbae regarding some project the two were working on together, and he had subsequently left to answer his call, not returning until an hour ago.

Without him present to play with her and with me working, Jieun had obviously gotten bored to death. 

So, I could understand her loneliness.

I had felt slightly lonely too.

"Really?" I asked confused, lifting my arms to sniff myself. I didn't smell anything particularly different on me at all. In fact, all my nose could pick up was a faint whiff of our fabric softener mixed with the spicy, pungent scent of kimchi that still lingered all over me. "I don't smell anything different though." I furrowed my brows, not thinking much of it as Jieun shrugged and let it go.

"Y/N-ah, help me set the table, will you?" Eomma called from the kitchen as I moved to get up but Jieun let out a loud whine, tightly clinging onto me as she borrowed further into my lap, lazily resting her head on my chest.

"Eomma, I want eonni to stay!" She pouted as I noticed our mother look at us from the kitchen and sigh while shaking her head fondly.

"I'm telling you, Y/N." She started, her voice amused as she brought a couple of dishes out into the living room. "You're going to have to take her along the day you get married. I'm afraid, your devil of a sister is going to raise hell otherwise."

My cheeks warmed. What was up with the sudden marriage talk? My mother had never mentioned something like this before.

"She's only five, eomma." I laughed, trying my best to sound nonchalant. "And I'm not getting married anytime soon, you know? She'll be old enough to not raise hell by the time I do get married."

"And when exactly do you plan on getting married, Miss Kim Y/N?"

Eyes widening, I whipped around just in time to see Jungkook waltzing into the living room, running a hand through his freshly washed hair and mussing it up in a way that was way too sexy for me to deem it as unintentional.

His dark, amused eyes glimmered with a silent challenge as they fell on me. "Surely, you don't intend to leave me out on your special day, do you?"

Shooting him a quick glare, I put on a fake smile as my mother walked into the living room once again. "You'll be my most esteemed guest, Jungkook. Don't worry."