39. Set up

September 17, 2020 | Queens, New York8:29 PM

8:29 PM

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

"Hey daddy." I said to my dad as I walked through his house. He was sitting on the couch watching Bernie Mac. The shit better had been funny because he was dying laughing, he didn't even notice me walk in.

He immediately jumped up, walking towards me. "Baby girl what you doing here? You didn't tell me you was stopping by." He said causing me to scrunch up my face in confusion.

"Daddy when do I ever tell you when I'm stopping by, it's not like you got company or something." I said laughing. Me and my dad were close as we could be, I told him everything. It started when my mom left when I was twelve. I was always a daddy's girl but after that I didn't really have a choice. I always came to visit him so that he wouldn't be lonely, he barely dated since my mother cheated on him. When I noticed he looked nervous, instead of him laughing, I started to think there actually was someone here.

"Ohhhh you do have company. Who is it? Is she pretty? I'm so glad you're finally dating around, take your time though daddy because you do not know how to pick them." I told him referring to my mom

He laughed while shaking his head. "I'll keep that in mind baby girl, see you later?" He questioned

"Let me go, since you rushing me out the door and what not." I said walking back towards the front door

"Babe, how do I turn the jets on in the tub?!?" I heard a female voice coming down the stairs. Once my eyes traveled towards the top step and saw my mother, I immediately caught an attitude.

"Mhm explains why you was rushing me out the door. Bye." I said getting ready to turn around

"Wait! You should stay, your father and I have something to tell you." She said causing me to look at my dad.

"I'm sure he can call me later and tell me, whatever it is I doubt it's that important."

"Uhm baby girl maybe it is best we tell you together."

"Oh y'all are a we now?" I questioned laughing "Great. Just tell me whatever it is y'all need to tell me so I can go and forget she was even here."

"Come sit down." He said causing me to roll my eyes. I hated when he did this, he knew he deserved better than my mom yet he always ran back. I know how love can be, I know how hard it is to leave and give up on someone but she was definitely a lost cause. It's one thing to just be a cheater but she left him to raise me alone and that's unforgivable in my book. Artist might be the lamest nigga on earth but he takes care of his children. I could never take someone who'd abandon their child seriously. My mother is just like Skye, absent yet always using her invalid ass emotions to manipulate people.