11. Trials & Tribulations

May 15, 2020 | Harlem, New York5:14 PM

5:14 PM

"Ma! Wassup where you at?" I yelled through her crib as I walked in with Kai

"Boy stop yelling in my house, I'm in the kitchen" She said causing me to laugh

"Oh word? what you cooking?" I asked walking in the kitchen

"Nothing for you, move" she said playfully as I grabbed a roll of bread off the pan

"This how you treat your favorite son? That's wild it be ya own mother but it's cool I came to drop Kai off so her mom can get her."

"You two need to get it together David" She said calling me by my middle name

"That's her goofy ass, every-time we on track she causes us to go 10 steps back."

"Listen to me, when a person knows they lost someone good, and they don't know how to handle it they become someone different. Don't stoop down to her level, live your life .. stay true to yourself when the time comes God will handle all" She told me and I nodded.

My moms was like my bestfriend, My right hand.. I told her everything. Most these street niggas put they trust in these hoes and niggas but me? nah I knew better. I learned a long time ago you can't trust everybody. Even the people you think will have ya back forever, can switch up.

"You sure you don't want me to hook you up with my girlfriend's daughter? she seems like a nice girl" My mom asked and I shook my head frantically

"Nah ma, ya last girlfriend's daughter keyed my car after 2 weeks. I'm straight on all ya home girl's crazy ass daughters."

My mom chuckled "Well David it's time to settle down and stop playing games with these women."

"Ma, I don't. I never told that girl we was together you know I don't even do relationships forreal."

"Yea yea, speaking of your love life. I'm ready for more grand babies"

"That's my cue to go" I said standing up, my mom was always tryna play match maker but she knew I didn't trust these hoes

"Saint I just want to see you happy."

"I know ma, but I'm content. If it make you feel any better I'm going on a lil date." I told her smirking, hoping it would cheer her up. My mom worried about me a lot after finding out I was in the streets heavy, she knew how cold and lonely this shit got. Especially since she went through it with my OG.

"You? A date? With who? I don't think I've ever even heard those words come out your mouth."

"Remember shorty from the mall? Korion.. yeah her. She fine huh ma?" I asked her and she laughed

"Aww yess, She's so beautiful and mature. What made you go for her"

"Not gone lie ma, at first I thought she was just some stuck up broad like Skye.. But after being around her a few times, I realized I just judged her not knowing foreal" I continued telling my mom about what all went down the other night and how me and Kori been kickin shit.