61. New beginnings

December 24, 2020 | Manhattan, New York3:02 PM

3:02 PM

Removing my blunt from my lips, I used the ash tray in my whip to put it out. It was Christmas Eve and Saint still hadn't woken up. Some days I had hope other days I thought of the worst and today was one of those days. Let the docs tell it he was making progress but I just needed my nigga to wake up so I could be at ease. I hated hospitals more than anything and it didn't help that I had to be around somebody I ain't care to see foreal.

I opened my car door, getting out before making my way into the hospital. By now all the nurses had been seeing us for days and was used to our faces. All I had to do was sign in at the front desk, print my visitation sticker myself and go up to the intensive care unit. Just like every other day I came in this bitch high as fuck to ease the pain and not think about the possibility of losing my best friend.

I stood on the elevator scrolling through different apps making sure to avoid Instagram. I was tired of Shaderoom posting my nigga acting like they know his life, we always moved hella private so knowing Saint wouldn't go for this shit was blowing me. Hoes was taking clout chasing to a whole nother level and blogs was running this shit through the ground. That's why I just stayed off the app all together, cause knowing me I'll curse everybody out behind my brother.

Once I finally got to his room, I knocked on the door. When I didn't hear anything I opened the door anyway. To my surprise Kori was knocked out on the couch the minute I walked in. I tried being quiet knowing this is the first time she'd actually slept in days. Next we just needed to get her to eat a full meal. I was so surprised at her being sleep I almost didn't notice Jayda in the room. She sat at the end of the couch with Korion's feet in her lap while she did whatever on her phone.

She looked up making eye contact with me but neither of us said a word. I could tell she had hella shit to say but didn't know where to start and if I'm being real I ain't know if I wanted to hear it. Taking a seat in a chair on the other side of the room, I remained silent while we both avoided conversation.

Honestly ion even know why I'm tight with her. Yeah she ghosted me but it ain't nothing I ain't done before and I know she was going through mad shit. At the same time though, her leaving me high and dry like that did hurt a nigga, I can't pretend it didn't. She finally got rid of that lame ass nigga and we was doing good only for her to throw in the towel. I had a few days to think about everything and I realized I was more mad at her bout shit that wasn't in her control than her actual actions. I just didn't want to get close to her again in case shit ain't work out. Cause I ain't expect her absence to bother me as much as it did.

She knew a nigga had trust issues and I never took relationships serious. I ain't trust no bitch but it was because of the toxic shit I witnessed growing up, nobody was to blame for that but my moms and pops. They cheated on each other my whole life, right in front of my eyes and always put me in the middle, it wasn't until I grew up that they just decided to split and co parent and now they the best of friends. I can't blame Jayda for the issues my parents instilled into me, but her actions triggered me fasho.