12. What To Expect

May 17, 2020 | Manhattan, New York1:20 PM

1:20 PM

I sat at my desk at home getting everything I needed prepared for a meeting with my client. I wasn't lying when I said I was about to get in my styling bag. Being a social media influencer can really open so many doors for you. I mean I'm about to get paid to do my favorite thing for a living... Shop.

Just recently I put together a week worth of outfits for upcoming artist Dess dior. We've been following each other on the gram, Always commenting on each other's pics and direct messaging about each other's outfits, so when she found out I was styling she decided to support.

Anyway, this made it easier for me to work from home while I search for a suite to work out of

Anyway, this made it easier for me to work from home while I search for a suite to work out of. I set up my mac book waiting for my client to facetime so I could go over her outfits and pieces with her before buying them.

I laid out the sketches I started out with based off the package she paid for and what type of look she was going for.

Seeing a incoming call, I quickly answered waiting for it to connect. I never met her before but between our messages she seemed to be very professional.

"Hey girl, how are you?" She asked once it connected

"Hey, I'm great. Ready to show you these outfits, how have you been?" I responded

"That's good, Thanks again for working with me last minute. I literally saw your work and was like I have to work with her, we about to become a dream team" She said. Did I mention my client was Dearra? I was super excited because she too had a huge following and this would be great exposure for me. She was going to Cali for a week and i'd picked 5 outfits for her.

"Girl it's no problem, I love making people feel good and comfortable about their style."

"I'm so excited to see what you have for me."