41. Secrets and creeping

September 19, 2020 | Manhattan, New York1:13 PM

1:13 PM

It's been a few days since I found out Artist was tryna set me and Izzy up. Nigga wasn't even street enough to carry his shit out on his own, he was just a waste of fuckin space. If I wasn't ready to blow the nigga brains before, I damn sure was now that he tried to get somebody to follow my shorty and then raped her bestfriend. Nigga was a walking target now, and if I didn't get him Izzy would.

Crazy part was I didn't even know the nigga like that, we was never cool and as far as I know we ain't got no beef. Niggas out here teaming up and got imaginary pressure against a nigga who barely know they exist. One thing my pops taught me bout this drug game is greed won't get you nowhere but dead or in jail. Always know when to walk away cause all money ain't good money, from the looks of it that's Artist main issue. He too busy watching my pockets to get his own.

I had just left the warehouse and pulled up to my other crib to change. This was the crib niggas thought I lived in not knowing I had a whole house about an hour away. That's where I laid my head as well as my girl, my daughter and even Ma dukes. Everytime I came and went I'd change cars.

Coming back out my apartment after changing, I got a incoming call from a unknown number that I recognized as the jail number.

"You have an collect call from Pops" The operator spoke and I waited for him to get on the phone.

"Yo." I said answering the phone

"Yo." He said in response

"Wasgood my nigga?" I asked him

"Wassup son, how you been?"

"I been aight OG."

"You know I spoke to ya mother, she said otherwise. Even ya girl worried about you." He said and I sucked my teeth. I just know Kori ain't snitching, I thought to myself. "I know you don't want me telling you want to do, you grown and I missed out on a lot of your life so who am I to try and dictate shit.. but listen to me. Your temper Saint, you gotta understand ya role in all this shit. You at the top now, where you wanted to be. You know I been there and this what come with that shit, If you let people get to you every-time it will be your downfall. I'm not sayin sit back and let shit happen in front of you but you can't be impulsive when doing it. It's not gone change overnight son, I know that but think on it. If not for you, for you girl, Kairi, shit all of us. Anyway... I ain't call to scold you, I'm just checking in. It been a few days since we spoke." He said and I took it all in."

"It's a lot going on but I'm thuggin, you know me. I get what you saying pops. As I'm getting older I'm understanding more and more. You was right, about all this shit. Everybody gunning for that top spot but once you're there, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. I'd give all this shit up just for some peace of mind. At the same time though I've grown attached to this shit, it's created a lavish lifestyle for me and all my people.. I can't just highlight the bad. "