27. Good side

August 21, 2020 | Harlem, New York1:13 AM

1:13 AM

"This shit better be important." I said answering the phone. A nigga was finally getting some sleep and now i'm being interrupted.

"You have a collect free call from... Quay." I heard causing me to immediately sit up.

"Yo fuck is going on???" I said once the call connected.

"I need a lawyer. Izzy finna call you." He said before hanging up. Seconds later I was getting a call from Izzy on my burner phone.

"5O just ran through the trap, locked up 10 niggas." Izzy told me sighing over the phone

"You was there?"

"I was on the way there, niggas called me and told me to turn around. Somebody telling something, It ain't like they been watching the block cause we been watching the block."

"Fuckkk man." I said shaking my head. This wasn't the time for any of my people to be getting into any legal trouble.

"Youn think nobody gone squeal do you?" He asked nervously

"Not if they wanna live. I'm finna call drew though, he gotta get on this asap. I need them niggas out by yesterday, the longer they in there the bigger the chances of them telling." I told Izzy. Most of our workers were trusted men we'd been working with but we did have a few youngins at the trap who would sometimes be on hot shit.

"Aight ima hit you." I told him while texting my lawyer. I sent him over a list of who'd been arrested and all of their information. Once Izzy hung up, I knew I needed a blunt. This was the last thing I needed to be dealing with in the mist of all the shit i'm dealing with.

I sat back lighting my blunt in deep thought. My life was wild as fuck as of right now. For one it just feel weird without my daughter, I've been doing everything for Kairi for the last two years so sitting back having to do nothing bothered me. I still haven't been speaking to Kori like that. We check up on each other here and there but I'm starting to believe she done foreal. Other than that, I got this weird feeling that I'm being set up or that niggas plottin on me. I'm not gone let none of this shit knock me off my pivot though, Ima roll with the punches.

August 21, 2020 | Harlem, New York
2:01 PM

I was chilling at Shooter's crib right now talking to him about everything that was going on.

"Yo ima tell you some shit cause I trust you aight? Don't go tryna say i'm paranoid and shit cause it's just gone blow me and Ima figure the shit out myself-" I told Shooter before he cut me off.