40. One thing it's another

September 17, 2020 | Staten Island, New York4:04 PM

4:04 PM

"You got any information on them niggas yet?" I questioned Quay.

"Keenan Thompson. Twenty-six, only child. Pops in prison, moms live in Long Island. Apparently he just start working for Artist back in February. Word on the street is he in debt... big time. I'm guessing this was like a payback job."

"Other nigga name Symere Jones. Twenty-two, he got three older sisters, he the only boy. His sisters don't fuck with him cause he a thief and apparently the nigga fall out with everybody. He been working for Artist for two years though, I guess he know not to cross everybody." He told me slapping two folders on the table.

"Aight preciate it." I said and be sucked his teeth

"That's it? Nigga you made me get all that information just for you to say aight?" He questioned. He was tight cause I had him doing lil shit like this instead of making runs. Unlike these other lil niggas I care about Quay and I don't want to see him in jail. He was money hungry just as I was a few years ago but he wasn't exactly like me and I wish I would have listened when my pops told me to sit my ass down. I was just stalling thinking of ways I could put money in his pockets without having him get his hands dirty.

"Yeah that's it." I said and he sucked his teeth. Next thing you know the sound of loud thumping and yelling could be heard from outside my office door. Both me and Quay looked at each other oddly before my office door swung open. I knew it had to be Izzy or Shooter because they were the only two that knew the code and the door was made of steel.

"Yo these niggas down here fighting." Izzy said causing me to shake my head. I slid my piece in my pants, before walking out of the door with Quay trailing behind me. I walked down the hall before getting on an elevator with Quay and Izzy. "This probably a bad time to ask but you got any idea who been shorting you?" Quay asked me

"You ask too many questions." I said getting off on the first floor with him and Izzy close behind. Earlier today I figured out one of these bitch ass niggas shorted me some of my money. So now the trap is on lockdown and nobody is leaving this mf until somebody died. Nonetheless these niggas were still supposed to be working... not fighting.

"Fuck y'all got going on?" I asked once I reached the main room. Everybody froze in place including the two I could tell had just got done fighting. They all maneuvered and stood in a straight line, not a single person spoke up causing Izzy to suck his teeth.

"Oh now niggas mute?" He questioned

"Nigga tried me, got his ass handed to em'." One spoke up