Chapter Six

Bokuto refuses to swap teams for beer pong meaning I'm paired with him once again. He slings his arm around my shoulders and gives me a goofy grin.

"(y/n) is the best teammate. I'd never trade her for anyone." He announces.

Kuroo snorts. "That's why you lost last time."

Bokuto points a finger straight at him. "That was merely a warm-up. We're going to destroy you two this time."

"We're gonna wipe the floor with you, rooster hair." I join in.

A proud smile grows on Bokuto's face as Kuroo shoots us a look.

"You realise your beer pong partner is basically an owl." Kuroo retorts.

"Okay, cut the smack. Let's get this game started." Mina slurs.

"Losers start," Kuroo smirks, throwing Bokuto and me the ping pong balls.

I catch them both. "You cleaned these right? After having them up your shirt, on your sweaty skin."

"I'm not an animal. I washed them off with vodka."

"What a waste." Bokuto murmurs, taking one of the balls from me. "You ready (y/n)?" He bumps my hip a little.

"I'm more than ready," I reassure him.

I throw the first ball and sink a cup straight away. Bokuto goes and gets it in the same cup. We both cheer loudly, he picks me up off the ground and spins me around.

"That's two cups, bitch." I say pointing at Kuroo.

"First shot luck." He mutters as he downs both drinks by himself.

He leans down to Mina and whispers something in her ear. She nods and pulls her phone out. Kuroo takes her turn for her, only landing one cup. Bokuto and I share a smug smile. He takes the cup and throws it back like it's water.

We line up our shots and Mina presses a button on her phone. The music suddenly changes. Bokuto and I share a look as a familiar tune starts. Kuroo smirks at both of us. He's got us now.

"Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want." I sing.

"So tell me what you want, what you really, really want." Bokuto sings back.

We face each other, abandoning the game. We start to sing to one another. Mina and Kuroo's laughter can be heard in the background but we are too involved in the song to do anything.

"Throw the damn balls you two," Kuroo yells over the music.

We barely look away from each other, tossing the balls in the general direction of the cups. No longer focused on the game in front of us.

The song finally ends and Bokuto and I shoot a dirty look over at Mina and Kuroo who are standing there with smug smiles.

"That was a cheap move," I comment.

"You two were so cute. I didn't expect that when Kuroo asked me to put on that song."

"It was the song they used to practice too, though not much was done when it came to that song." Kuroo laughs. "The coaches used to get so mad when you two played it."

"By the way, you two lost again."

I sigh, staring into the cups that Bokuto and I have to drink. "I will get the both of you back for this."

Mina holds up her phone, playing a video of Bokuto and me singing. "But you two looked so happy."

Kuroo raises an eyebrow. "She has a point. (y/n) looked like she was having fun for the first time tonight."