Chapter Twenty One

I wake up to an empty bed. The spot beside me is cold, meaning Bokuto hasn't been here for a while. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes, feeling well-rested. I grab my phone off the bedside table and see a couple of missed calls from Kuroo.

It's already midday. I can now see why I feel so rested. I unlock my phone and return Kuroo's missed calls.

"Oh, sleeping beauty finally awakens. Kissed by a prince I assume?" Kuroo laughs on the other end.

"That's not how you speak to a princess and for your information, I woke up alone," I say. "Why all the missed calls?"

"We have things to do. There is a big game tomorrow and we need to get your uniform organized, along with a few other errands we need to do." He explains.

A defeated sigh leaves me. "Okay, when are you coming to pick me up?"

The bedroom door suddenly slams open, scaring me half to death. Kuroo stands in the doorway with the phone still to his ear. 

"Right now! Now get your ass out of bed." He yells at me.

I scrunch my face up and end the call on him. I slide back down the bed and pull the covers over my head. "I liked it better when you were out of town."

He grabs the blankets and rips them off me. I just curl into the fetal position. "Get your lazy ass up or I'm going to get Bokuto in here."

I snort. "Like he would do anything."

"Bokuto!" Kuroo yells. "She's not getting out of bed."

There is a moment of silence before a loud thumping down the hallway sounds. My eyes grow wide and Kuroo just smirks at me.

"I did warn you."

I start to sit up. "Okay, okay. I'm getting up."

"Too late," Bokuto yells from the doorway.

He runs into his room and jumps on me. He pins me down on the bed by my wrists, staring deeply into my eyes. My whole face flushes and I don't know where to look. If I keep staring straight up at him, I feel as though I'm going to pass out and if I look over at the doorway Kuroo's dumb face will be smiling at me.

"Time to get out of bed, manager," Bokuto says.

I groan and try to wriggle free. "Okay, I give. I'll get out of bed."

Bokuto lets go of me and jumps off the bed. I sit up and he grabs me, throwing me over his shoulder. He spins around a couple of times making me dizzy. 

"What have I done to deserve this?" I call out.

"I'm not even surprised that you three are still this loud even at your age," Tsubame comments from the doorway.

"Sorry, these two were adamant about getting me out of bed." I apologize.

"It's okay. It's kind of cute to see you all this way. It's been a while." She says. "Bokuto put her down before you hurt her."

Bokuto places me back down on the ground. His hand lightly brushes past the lower part of my back making my spine tingle. He shoots me a wide smile.

"Bro you should probably get going, you have all those interviews today." Kuroo reminds Bokuto.

His shoulders slump forward and he has a pout on his face. "But I want to spend the day with you guys. I don't need to do interviews."

I place my hand on his bicep. "We're just doing boring things all day. Your interview will be much more exciting." 

He still has a pout on his face. "But they can be so boring. The coach tells Hinata and I to be good." A sly grin suddenly grows on his face. "It would be a lot more fun if you were to come with me."

I shake my head. "I can't though. We will see you later tonight."

He sighs and walks towards the door. "Okay then. See you guys later." He mopes out the door.

Kuroo turns his attention to me. "Hurry up and get ready. We have a lot to do today."

I start pushing him out of the room. "Yes, Mom."

Kuroo is waiting in the kitchen for me, leaning against the countertop with a coffee in his hands. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Looks like you've made yourself at home," I comment.

"Tsubame made this for me. I was always her favorite." He smirks.

"Favorite what? Favorite rooster." I joke.

His eyebrow twitches. "I know where you sleep." He threatens.

"I know where you sleep, too. I also have a key for your house." I narrow my eyes at him, staying on the other side of the kitchen table.

"Touche, let's get going before you make us any later."

"Can we stop for coffee on the way? I'm still recovering from yesterday."

He looks me up and down. "I guess so. Just don't spill it in my car."

"What's first on the agenda?"

"You're uniform. The coach wants me to take you to this place to get fitted and have it ready for the game tomorrow."

I get into the car. "This seems so surreal still. I can't believe I'm actually managing on a professional volleyball team."

"I think it will become a little more real once you have your uniform. Though that should've happened before now." He sighs. "I had to pull a lot of strings to get you in today."

I pat his shoulder. "What are friends for?" I smile at him. "Thank you by the way."

Kuroo speeds through the city, he gets us to the shop in no time. He jumps out of the car before I even have time to take off my seatbelt.  He practically drags me inside and I try my best not to drop my coffee in the process. 

The lady behind the counter greets us and shows me my options. None of them are particularly flattering but it's a job. I decide on a jacket and a pair of track pants with the Black Jackals logo on them.

"You could always just wear Bokuto's jacket. I'm sure you'd both love it." Kuroo cackles from his spot in the corner.

I throw my jacket at him. "Quiet over there. If I wanted your opinion, I'd ask for it."

He rolls his eyes. "I see, you want to save the jacket-wearing for the bedroom, right?"

The lady helping with my fitting clears her throat and gives me a forced smile.

"Sorry about him. He's never learned to when shut his mouth." I apologize.

"Obviously," She comments, shooting him a look.