Chapter Nine

The truck is almost packed and the boys look exhausted. I feel bad for them having to do this on their day off. I run some cold water out to them and they give me a grateful smile.

"How much is left to pack?" Kuroo asks.

"Maybe a few more boxes but we have plenty of time." I smile. "Thank you so much for doing this. Both of you, it really means a lot. I owe you both."

"Don't worry about it. It's the least I could do for you. You're like the little sister I never had." Kuroo says.

"I just want to see you happy again," Bokuto says. "You don't owe me anything, well, actually maybe you could make that cake for me, please?"

I laugh. "I can do that. We could make it together."

"Not in my kitchen." Kuroo pipes up. "I trust you (y/n) but not you, Bo."

"I haven't set anything on fire in years. I could just measure the flour or ice the cake." Bokuto suggests.

"It's probably safer to let you just lick the bowl clean." Kuroo comments.

Bokuto starts bickering with him and I can't help but picture Bokuto's tongue licking the bowl. Why is my mind doing this to me now? I'm meant to be breaking up with (bf/n) in a couple of hours. I shouldn't be fantasizing about Bokuto and his long, thick tongue.

"(y/n)," Bokuto's voice knocks me from my trance. "Are you okay? Your face is really flushed."

I give off a nervous laugh. "Just nervous, that's all."

"We will be here the whole time," Kuroo reassures me.

I stare at all my things in the back of the truck. Bokuto puts his arm around my shoulders and gives me a wide grin.

"Who would've thought you'd have so much junk." He laughs.

"The house is basically bare inside." Kuroo slings his arm around my shoulders as well.

"What the hell is going on here?" A voice snaps from behind us.

The three of us turn and see (bf/n) standing in the middle of the driveway. His eyes dart between Kuroo and Bokuto, he looks beyond furious. My heart starts to race in my chest and I instantly grab onto the bottom of Kuroo's shirt like I used to do in middle school.

"Are you guys going to just stand there like idiots or is someone going to answer me?" He snaps once again.

I suck in a deep breath and look him dead in the eyes. "I'm leaving you, it's over," I say.

Confusion contorts his face. "Are you joking?"

I shake my head. "I'm not joking. I'm very serious. All my things are packed and I'm moving out."

He takes a step forward. "We can talk about this. In private." He shoots a dark look at Kuroo and Bokuto who refuse to move away from me.

"There is nothing to talk about. It's over (bf/n). It wasn't an easy choice for me to make." I explain.

"I should've never let you go out to dinner with these two. They are putting lies inside your head."

"They didn't, they just made me realise how unhappy I was."

"If you were unhappy, why didn't you talk to me?" He says, sounding hurt.

"I tried so many times but you would always turn it back on me."

He raises his eyebrows at me. "So, you're blaming me for making you unhappy?"

"Look, I don't want an argument here. I just want this to be a clean break and we can both move on with our lives."