Chapter Sixteen

The guys run up and down the court. Some of them had decided it was a good idea to prank the coach and this is how he decided to punish them...all.

I sit on the bench with the coach watching them. Bokuto had been in such a good mood until he was forced to run laps. He is now running with a pout and a dark look in his eyes.

"It's going to be a long training session." The coach sighs.

"Why do you say that?" 

"Just look at him. When he gets into one of his moods, he is almost impossible to work with." He explains. "Some of the other boys said he's always been this way. Is that true?"

I give a small nod. "Oh, it's very true. There are only two people that I know of who can pull him out of this mood."

The coach latches onto my arm. "Who? Call them now." he nearly shouts.

A couple of the guys give us a strange look as they continue running. Bokuto keeps his head down.

"His best friend Akkashi and myself."

"Really? You can fix this mood of his. If you're not lying and can prove it the manager position for this team is yours. You'd make my life so much easier." He says.

My mouth falls open. "You're joking, right?"

He shakes his head. "Nope, do you realize how many moods he gets into? I would love to have someone who can help him."

"Bokuto!" I call out to him.

His head slowly lifts up and he looks over to us. His eyes are slightly narrowed and I have to admit it makes my heart rate pick up. My cheeks flush a little. I motion for him to come over.

He sighs and walks over to the coach and me. He looks down at me with a pout on his face.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "They said it was my fault that they got caught and now I'm being punished as well. I just wanted to train and show you how good I am." He admits.

I pat the seat beside me. "Come and sit down."

He nods and sits down, almost sitting on me. 

"Hey, how come Bokuto gets to stop." Astuma yells.

The coach points a finger at him. "We are discussing something. Keep running or you'll be on ball cleaning duty."

He mumbles something but keeps running. I turn my attention back to Bokuto who is looking down at his feet.

"Do you want to hear some good news?" I ask him.

He gives a small shrug. I give off a quiet laugh and lean close to his ear.

"How would you like me to be manager on your team?" I whisper to him.

He pulls away with shock on his face. "Yes!" He yells.

"Then you need to cheer up." I smile at him.

He jumps to his feet and rips me off the bench. He pulls me into a tight bear hug and starts spinning me around. "I'll never be sad again with you as manager."

He stops and looks down at me, there is a huge smile plastered on his face. He brushes the hair away from my face.

Someone's hand drops down onto my shoulder, looking back I see the coach with an impressed look on his face. 

"Looks like you got the position." He says. "Boys, come over here. I have an announcement to make."

The rest of the team walks over to join us, a look of relief on their face as they finally get to rest. Bokuto doesn't let go of me.