Chapter 10

"Carlisle." Alice luckily calms her blood lust and calls her father.

"Alice will take care of her."

"Get the fire going, get the floorboard." Emmett and Jasper get the fire going as James struggle slightly under Emmett's grip. Jasper is the one to tear the floorboards apart.

"Alice," Jasper calls to his wife as he helps Emmett restrain James.

"Go." I nudge her off as Carlisle and Edward join my side.

"You did well." Carlisle inspects my work in cutting Bella's blood flow.

"I had a good teacher and father." He smiles at me.

Alice walks over to the three and jumps on James' legs. She twists James' head around to detach it and the fire is lit up behind them. Alice throws James' head into the flames and Emmett and Jasper rip the other limbs tossing them into the fire.

"It's the venom." Edward looks so crestfallen. I lean over and slap him in the face.

"Wake up Edward. We have no other choice. You have to get it out or else she will turn. What do you want more? Her as a vampire or remain as a human."

"It's going to happen, Edward. I've seen it." Alice tells the denied Cullen.

"It doesn't have to be that way." Carlisle shakes his head.

"She still going to turn into us."

"Carlisle what is my other option." Edward is looking for another option.

"Your other option is keeping her human," I scream at him.

"Try to suck the venom out," Carlisle tells his son.

"You know I won't be able to stop."

"You have the control, Edward." I grip his face with both hands and make his black eyes look at my Caribbean blue.

A promise is held between us and Edward finally gives in. He picks up Bella's wrist and bites in. Sucking James venom out.

"Edward stop. Her blood is clean, your killing her." Carlisle's gentle voice doesn't break through Edward.

"Edward stop." Edward still sucks. I dig my fingers in his hand snapping him out of his daze.

"Stop," I growl out at him, almost like a wolf alpha command.

He stops sucking and Bella passes out. We bring her to the hospital and had to break her ankle to keep the appearance of the story we had to give Charlie. I had the pleasure of doing so since it is payback for the outrageous actions these two did.

"Did you have to almost break my wrist?" Edward asks as we wait for Bella wot wake up.

"They say pain can break you out of your stupor. Did wonders for me? Payback is a painful bitch." He puts his head in between his hands gripping his hair.

"Edward, you did the right thing."

"What is her fate?" He looks at me with venom pooling in his eyes.

"Human if you keep her hidden and not make stupid mistakes anymore." He leans his head on my hip sad. 

I sigh not liking my little stepbrother to be sad but fate and time are heaven and hell almost every day. This time is hell with a bit of a heavenly outcome. What I was worried about was the tone of voice I used to Edward in a snarling command.

When did I ever get that vicious before? Protecting this human girl, I did not see happening nor was it in my timeline. No indent has ever shown I would help save the girl. Which reminds me, Victoria and Laurent need to be found and informed of their restraining order I will personally place on them.

I leave Edwards's side and head to Carlisle. He is in his office writing things down. His head lifts looking at me.

"Crystal!? What can I do for you?" 

"I am leaving Forks for a bit. Need to go do some things that are important for the future."

"Will you be back soon?"

"Depends if my business goes well. Look out for the family. If something does happen, do tell me about it." He nods in understanding and stands up to walk around his desk and give me a hug.

These moments are rare and I love each and every one of them. I pull away even if my body protests and head out of the hospital. I take an involuntary deep breath and let it out slowly. Isabella Marie Swan is going to be the death of all of us.

Time to find Laurent first.

*Hey my lovelies, what a chapter. 

Comment on your thoughts and feelings on this chapter.

Don't go away just yet as the next chapter involves quite the turnaround. Including three handsome kings. Stay tuned for Crystal's personal fate.