Chapter 27

Jacob p.o.v.

Jacob walks slowly toward Crystal as she snarls and growls. Her shoulders tense, her body hunched forward and fangs out with her nails lengthened. 

"I bet this the first time she ever been overprotective over someone?" I ask the doc.

"Yes. She has never needed reason but now, it seems she is experiencing this the first time. Need to be slow and easy with her Jake. Nobody else moves or says anything to set her off." Carlisle looks over to Bella as he says the last thing. Edward nods wrapping an arm around his blood bag knowing she will cause the queen to set off.

"Crystal, love, I am not hurt." I slowly look into those black eyes.

She only growls looking at everyone and is super alert. I walk slowly and keep my hands out in defense and to reach her. She closes her mouth but stays tense. I am able to get close to her that I am able to pull her in my arms.

"Crystal, just breathe. Return back to me." She growls but I feel her relax.

After a few minutes, I look down to see her looking up at me with her lovely blue eyes. She gives out a small smile and wrap her arms around my bare waist.

"They're coming!" The three kings emerge from the treeline.

Unconsciously, I straighten up and tighten my hold on my imprint. They stop walking leaving a good distance between sides. 

'Sam, get the pack out of here. I will deal with this.' I tell Sam in my mind. the wolves disappear from the meadow heading home.

"Mia Cara, you alright?" The vampire to the far right with long brown hair and quite the aged look asks breaking the silence. His red eyes glance over to Crystal and I. He looks at me for a moment before setting his eyes on my imprint.

"I am alright Marcus. Glad to see you three alright and safe. What are you doing here?" Crystal asks, her body relaxes some more in my grasp.

"Came to see you and how the Cullens handled the newborn army." At the corner of my eye, I see the Cullens tense.

"Aro, we have dealt with the issue and destroyed Victoria." Crystal sighs and leans her head on my shoulder.

"Hm, indeed." Aro, the male with black long hair shifts in his place between the two other males. He reminds me of an excited puppy loving everything that is given to him.

"You have forgotten one," The blonde short-haired male growls and we all turn to look at the newborn girl hiding and shaking behind Carlisle and Esme.

"Carlisle?" Crystal asks surprised and curious. 

Jasper moves to the newborn's side. They think of protecting that thing. Growling under my breath, I tense ready for killing the thing. Crystal lays a hand on my chest which calms me but I remain vigilant.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender," Carlisle states treading carefully with his words.

"That wasn't your to offer," Caius growls once more. He is worst than Paul with their anger issues.

"Why did you come?" Marcus, I think asked. The newborn didn't say anything.

"Jane." The girl's cries filled the air as she falls to the floor in pain.

"You don't need to do that, she will tell you anything you want to know." Esme stops the girl.

"Hm, indeed." We gave the girl some time to catch her breath.

"I don't know. Riley wouldn't tell us. He said our thoughts weren't safe. " She gasped.

"Her name is Victoria." Edward is the next one to speak defending the girl. Crystal growls glaring at the guy. "Perhaps you knew her."

"Edward, if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would have stopped her. Wouldn't you Aro?" Carlisle defends the three males.

"Of course Carlisle. Alas, it should be our dear Queen that decides the newborn's fate." I look down at Crystal as she walks over to the king.

"She didn't know what she was doing. We'll take responsibility for her." Esme calls out.

I see fear in her eyes, in all of them. Why should they be afraid of Crystal? She is or was a part of their family. I still am so confused but one thing is for sure. This might be the time I decide my own fate.

"The Volturi don't give second chances, Carlisle. You know that as well as I." Aro tells the doc.

"Crystal." The family looks at Crystal expecting her to be on their side with this.

"Victoria was a threat that I tried getting rid of and sadly she evaded my attacks. You were able to stop her and what she has created but sadly, considering one of her creations tried to kill my mate." They look over at me. I meet their gaze with a hard expression.

"I have killed that creation in feral anger as you have seen." The three bloodsuckers behind her seem surprised.

"Crystal, this newborn wasn't attacking anyone. She was hiding behind a tree the whole time." Carlisle defends the newborn. 

Is he really going against his daughter? We look to see her reaction.

"Nonetheless, the command to kill is still in her mind. Her body may not do anything but her thoughts were with the only command that was given which was to harm. that is not okay Carlisle and you know that." That is when I saw it. 

The doc never really showed big emotions or lashed out but this time, I see why everyone respects him. Carlisle's face hardens along his jaw and his body tense, eyes straight and narrow. That definitely is the alpha look.

"Crystal, we will take care of her and teach her the right than the wrong." Crystal nods.

"I don't doubt that but alas we can never be too carefree with newborns that were created for death. I am afraid the girl will have to die." Carlisle loosens his tense stance and looks over at me.

"Jake."

"Don't get me involved with this. This is your problem, not mine. I am only here to keep my imprint safe." I raise both my hands in defense not wanting to get in Crystal's way. I would like to keep my fur on, thank you very much.

"Felix, Alec make her have a painless death." I turn to see Alec open his hands letting out black smoke and Felix walking over along the smoke destroying the newborn.

"Don't forget Bella, once you graduate, I am coming to change you. Let us go home, guys. Jake, will you walk with us?" Crystal states.

She reaches her hand out to me. Wait, she is going to change Bella?! Has she forgotten the peace treaty?! Oh, I am definitely going to be asking my imprint a few questions.

"You won't," Bella calls as I take Crystal's hand.

We tense and freeze in shock at the words.

"I'm sorry, what?" Crystal looks at the girl.

*Oh, Bella defying the Volturi. Risky move. All those that actually like Bella I am sorry for making Bella seem mean but I don't exactly favor her over the others. Sorry.

Comment down below on your thoughts and feelings toward the chapter. No offense taken.

Enjoy=)*