Chapter 37

I watch the clouds go by with millions of thoughts in my head. Who has that vial and what are they using it for? Is it an enemy or are they a friend? That vial can be the death of many of us vampires and i will be the one responsible for the deaths.

Images of my three mates flash in my mind over and over with more Volturi on the floor dead. What have I done? I should have made just one vial. No. Brought. I shake my head sighing for the millionth time.

"Crystal, calm down." Jake tries to calm me but it doesn't work.

"J, not now. This is serious. The most serious I have ever been and dealt with, so no cuddling cause the act will be in vain." I slip my hand out of his hand. My heart whines at the frown Jake made.

I get up and move to the bathroom to splash some cold water on my face. My hand pulling the nob forward and the cold water gushes into my palmed hands. Lifting the puddle up to my face, the liquid cools my already cold temperature. I open my eyes one more and look to my right.

Gasp. 

Alerted eyes gazing at the figure for a moment as I breathe in relaxation just seeing it is father time.

"Really, in the bathroom, I could have been doing something in here that no man or woman should be seeing." I scold him through the reflection.

"I am here to tell you or in this case smack some sense in that brain." He tells me narrowing his eyes at me.

I look at him in alarm, Father time has never glared or gave me that stern father looks before. I really cannot do anything but think of what I feel about that stare. A stern glare, that is a first. Worried, scared, or guilty emotions flood through me.

"What do you mean? I have been using my brain to figure out who the person is." I pull my hair tie out and redo my bun.

"One-word sweetheart." Father time leans into my ear. "Time." He disappears after that.

"Time," I tell my reflection. "Time, what does ti-" I widen my eyes in realization.

"Jake!" I rush out of the bathroom in excitement and happiness. Thank you, Father time.

"What is it? What is wrong? Are you going through your period?" Jake asks and I stop for a moment at the last part. I look at him in disgust and judgment.

"Nooo," I look over at him in fear. "I have found out how to find the thief."

"How?" His brown eyes shine with the light of hope at my statement.

"My powers of time, the timelines of people." I wave my hand at my side and a list of people that were at the wedding.

"Okay, how does that help us?" He sits down joining our hips on the same couch.

"The vial only disappeared at the wedding so someone from there must have taken it." I look through most of the humans who I doubt would steal the vial.

"Could it have been the Cullens?" Jake looks at the timelines but not really seeing them.

"I really hope not." Venomous tears begin to surface. I do not want it to be my family who took the vial. Please it be...

"Edward." My voice cracks seeing the moment he took the vial as he hugged me.

"That leach." Jane and alec look at him with a deadly glare. "Sorry."

"Why did he..." I tapped his mind and entered it. A sphere with many dots and lines connecting them appears. I look through them searching for a specific memory. I see the moment of him wanting to steal the vial. I tap on it and like a video, it begins to play.

"This will bring Bella back human and won't be able to object. I will have to shove it down her throat if and when she protests. She Will Be Human! I want to spend eternity with her but this is not the time for her to be a vampire. I won't allow it. I will turn her back human when she is asleep on Esme Island. " 

Edward. No. I cup my hands over my mouth as I let the hot tears flow. Jake's hot body temperature engulfs me as I cry. Edward was the first brother I had and he does this to me! How could he do this? He...I don't know what he is at the moment.

"Sshh, it is okay. We will get him for this." Jake tries to reassure me.

"No, don't do anything." I sniff and wipe the tears away as I lift the human shield off me.

"Why? He stole from you." He leans back in outrage.

"Because I have yet to see what his actions lead to." I pull Jake back down as he stood up in his rage.

He calms down and allows me to look into Edward's timeline. Nothing really is going to happen except him turning Bella back human. I shakily tap on Bella's timeline and see it ends at a certain point.

"Okay, this is weird." I tap on the end of Bella's timeline but nothing appears.

"What is it?"

"Bella timeline ends at a certain point. Like she disappears." I furrow my eyebrows in concern.

"How can she disappear? Like, die?" J asks confused as I am.

"No. If she were to die, the line would just have a simple straight cut but this end is faded. Almost like it blurs into nothing. Which doesn't make sense." I shake my head trying to figure it out but nothing comes to mind.

"Should you ask Father time?" Alec asks suddenly. I look over to see the twins leaning forward and intrigued and worry pooling in their eyes.

"Later. Right now, let us get to the castle." The plan has already landed.

"Should we worry?" Jane asks as we get out and into the car.

"No just yet. I will tell you when to worry but for now, let us put it to the back of our mind." I wave my hand and try to ease the twins worry. 

They nod and lean back slightly relaxing but still tense like i am.