Chapter 53

Silence.

That is what ensued once I revealed Bella has no lifeline. 

Pure Silence.

A shocking silence that can fill any void that is not seen or felt. Tense and takes time out of the actions we should be doing. Doing what, I am clueless on.

"This is bad." Carlisle states in his own shock.

"Well, what do we do and how do we deal with this? We still have no idea who is pulling the strings and if Bella is alive then this can be as dangerous as immortal children." Rosalie says next holding her child close.

"I think I have a way of finding out but Crystal, I might need your help." I look over to Carlisle and nod. If he does know something then I will help any way I can.

"Let us go then." I walk with Carlisle to the library with my four mates who follow but once we reach the library Carlisle stops my mates.

"Sorry, but this is only for Crystal to see." Caius opens his mouth to protest but Marcus raises his hand to silence him.

"That is alright, we shall be here waiting." I give them a small smile to reassure them and I that all will be okay.

"So what now?" I turn to my father, feeling very vulnerable at the moment. He is walking to the desk near the back window. He takes a key out of his pocket and he unlocks the drawer or something that is in front of him.

"You learn." I tilt my head and walk over, seeing a big book that my father pulls out. It is a simple black leather book with the pentagon symbol in the center with three feathers below it like a dream catcher.

"What am I learning, exactly?" I don't step any closer in case this can turn into danger. 

"Magic." I raise an eyebrow at his simple answer. 

"Magic? Like witchcraft?" I ask unsure where is my father's mentality is at. Insane or mad?

"In a way, this is the book that taught me how to banish your mother from possessing you. Only a few people know of this book, one other person is Marcus who was the first in having this, then was Eazerel with the Denali Coven, and then it is now in my hands."

"How did I not see this in your timeline?" I furrow my eyes in not knowing this little secret. Everyone in the world is an open book to time and time never lies or hides anything. Then how did this little moment be kept from time and kept from me?

"Because this book has multiple protection charms on it that prevent even Father time in knowing of its existence. You are now ready to know of this book and learning the contents, now that we are dealing with things far beyond the simple supernatural." I sit in the brown leather chair at my right, deflated and lost with slight fear.

"What Bella is now is not a vampire because if she were, you would be able to see her timeline as red, right?" I nod still on edge, my gaze not leaving the thick book.

"So with Father time power of resurrection and I bet with dark intention, she has become a shade." 

(*This image is owned by CBC Merlin in Season 5 with the episode of Lancelot du Lac

(*This image is owned by CBC Merlin in Season 5 with the episode of Lancelot du Lac.*)

"A shade?" I ask him.

"Yes, a spirit that was summoned to complete any order asked by their summoner. Until they have completed the quest that was asked of them, they will not be able to leave the world which they were summoned in."

Damn, we are in deep shit.

"So how do we banish her or stop whatever she is summoned to do?" I ask looking at the white pages and their black ink writing and sketches.

"We can't banish her back to the dead until she actually accomplishes her duty. There is no way in stopping what she will do. We have to only be prepared to have a backup plan in all possibilities." Carlisle walks around the desk with the open book in his hands.

He sets it down on my lap and I look down to see the words chapter 1 staring me in the face. I look up at Carlisle and he nods with a grim expression. Great! Homework! Urgh!

*Who here hates homework in any form? I know there is some homework I do not like doing.

Comment your thoughts and feelings about this chapter.

Enjoy=)*