Chapter 13

*This is the chapter of what happened before Crystal came in.*

Edward kisses Bella after getting saved by her from making the most ridiculous mistake in the world. He holds her with all the love he has for her. The creaking of a gate pulls the two away from each other.

"I won't be needing your services after all, gentlemen." Edward tries to get them to leave him and Bella alone.

"Aro wants to speak to you again." A giant vampire called Felix who is two inches taller than Emmett making him a bit stronger than him speaks with a red cape over his arm.

"No rules were broken." Edward convinces them.

"Nonetheless, we should take this conversation to a more appropriate venue." Dimitri, a younger guard but a greater tracker than James, speaks next.

"Fine. Bella, why don't you go and enjoy the rest of the festival?" Edward asks to keep her away from these stronger bloodsuckers as Jacob calls them.

"The girl comes with us." Felix states.

"No. You can go to hell." Edward grows pissed that they want Bella to go with them.

Behind the couple, Edward's younger sister breaks the lock on the massive door and walks by Edward's right side. Alice covered up remains the cheerful way she always is.

"Come on, guys. It's a festival. You wouldn't want to make a scene." Edward quirks the corner of his lip remembering what he was about to do to join Bella in the afterlife.

"We wouldn't." Felix stares at the girl. The atmosphere between them is lighter than the heavyweight between the males.

A short girl walks with lovely black heels down the hall and joins the group. Blonde short hair pinned uptight and fierce red eyes that mean business.

"Enough." She pulls her hood back.

"Jane." Edward looks down in respect and fear. 

"Aro sent me to see what was taking so long." She turns around heading to where they have to go.

Edward follows dragging Bella along. Alice looks at him in surprise but follows knowing denying is going to be bad. Alice's thoughts were filled with wishing for their older sister Crystal to be here. Edward shivers slightly knowing if their older sister were here, she would be mad.

"Just do as she says," Alice tells Bella who is confused.

They head down downstairs and into an elevator to heading to god knows where or where the three Volturi guard members were leading them.

"Sister. They send you to get 1 and you bring 2 and a half." Alec the twin male sibling of Jane speaks out.

The room they have to arrive in is a lovely marble stone with a circular ceiling with glass and some light falling through creating a heavenly glow even if it is filled with vampires who drink human blood.

"Such a clever girl." Jane walks to her brother with a grin on her face glad to please the masters.

"What a happy surprise." the King in the middle with medium-length black straight hair gets up from his throne chair and walks down the three steps to greet the Cullens and their human.

"Bella is alive after all. Isn't that wonderful?" The king, Aro, claps his hands in glee with a smile on his face.

"I love a happy ending." He walks up to Edward as Bella stays where she is in fear of the kings. Aro takes Edward's hand out of Bella's grasp and reads his memories.

"Ah. They are so rare." He reads his thoughts as Edward inhales deeply afraid of him finding out about his older sister.

"La Tua Cantante. Although it is quite a problem that you to have the black cloud in your mind that I cannot reach." Edward exhales slightly glad Crystal hasn't been found out.

Crystal did say though that everyone that she meets has that black metal shield for Aro not to find her as his mate. Edward cringes hoping Crystal isn't too mad about them being here. Alice as well is cringing for she had a slight vision during the elevator ride. To save Bella, Crystal will have to come and appeal to her mate to let the girl go.

'Crystal is not going to like this.' Alice thinks and Edward reads it, the thought immediately going into the black shield.

"Her blood appeals to you so much...it makes me thirsty." Aro gulps down the venom pooling in his mouth at the blood the girl carries.

"How can you stand to be so close to her?" Aro is intrigued, to say the least. No vampire has that much self-control, even Carlisle never had this much control as a vampire.

"It's not without difficulty." Edward gasps.

"Yes, I can see that." Aro chuckles while resuming to try and probe that black mental shield.

"Aro can read every thought I've ever had with one touch. Except for that black mental shield that we all have." Aro paused waiting to hear if the mental shield is from a vampire's power.

"Do you know who is creating that black shield, Edward?" Aro muses wanting to crack the puzzle that he has been trying to solve for years now.

"I do not know," Edward speaks the truth. Alice and Bella look at Edward hearing no lie in his voice.

"I try to think of who the person can be but I cannot picture anything or remember a name," Alice recalls Crystal explaining that if the vampire tries to reveal the name of the person, they will forget it like fog you can't get out of. That explains the black shield, it is like a fog.

"Hm, how sad." Aro sighs, slightly angry at yet another vampire that doesn't help him solve the puzzle.

"And now you know everything. So, get on with it." Aro looks up at Edward's tall frame and grins shifting slightly in a charming way.

"You are quite a soul reader yourself, Edward. Though, you can't read Bella's thoughts." His eyes shift back and forth to the girl and the Cullen boy.

"Fascinating." Aro sheers up at the challenge. Different than the hard challenge of that black shield.

"I would love to see if you are an exception to my gifts, as well." Aro steps back a few steps and looks at the human. He holds out his hand for her to take." Would you do me the honor?"

Bella walks with hesitation, afraid of what he will see or maybe not see. She lays her hand in the king as he caresses it with his other hand. A moment pass of silence, both kings lean slightly with their heads seeing if the girl is immune to their brother.

"Interesting. Hmm. I see nothing." He walks back slightly peeved at being blocked once more. the anger enflames his blood hunger but he controls it knowing a herd of humans will be coming shortly for him to feed on.

Aro turns his back on the Cullens thinking but a slam of the doors grabs their attention.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Everyone turns to see a female vampire scream at the two Cullens.

"Crystal, what are..." Edward and Alice take a step back from the raging female.

The three kings' eyes all lock on the same time to see their mate. All these years and finally...

They.

Have.

Found.

Their.

Mate.

Their.

Queen.

*Hello readers, How are you all doing today? 

This chapter has been put in the story timeline for you all who haven't seen Twilight New Moon yet. If you do, then you get to see what happened before the raging queen entered.

Comment on your thoughts and feelings on this chapter.

The Queen's reign has just begun. Continue to read and enjoy=)*