Chapter 3

"What the hell is another angel doing in my room?"

  Jisung's eyes widened (once again) as his head snapped towards the devil that just said those words and even though the younger boy was scared for his own life, he had this immense need to correct the devil that he was not an angel, at least not yet but he bit his own tongue to prevent himself from saying something he would immediately regret. But that was before Chan spoke up,

  "He's not an angel yet, though."

  The other devil shot Chan a glare that sent shivers down Jisung's spine, his hands forming into a fist as his nails slowly started digging into his palms. He looked furious and Jisung actually could not blame him for that, he invaded his safe space that was meant for devils only but at the same time, the almost-angel felt hurt because he did not want to be treated like this, like a useless piece of trash that no one wants around.

  "And do I look like I fucking care? I've told you numerous times that Changbin is the only angel I am willing to accept in this room!" the devil complained and Jisung tried very hard to associate his face that he has definitely observed before with one of the names he might have heard Changbin talk about but it was unsuccessful since his mind was blank. The only thing he could think about was how to get out of there without getting himself or Changbin OR any of the devils present in this room in trouble.

  Chan scoffed. "Don't forget this room is also mine. He's here because I let him in and he will probably leave once Changbin returns, so calm down."

  The other devil rolled his eyes upon hearing that but decided not to argue any further. Instead of that, he turned around and faced the boy that was lowkey scared of his well-being. Jisung gulped once he saw the ruby red eyes staring straight into his soul, probably imagining the various ways he would torture the boy with. That didn't last long since the silence was once again cut off by his voice, this time directed towards Jisung. He stepped closer and Jisung stepped back. Chuckle left the devil's mouth as he looked Jisung up and down, carefully observing him.

  "What do you want here? You're not even an angel yet you are already wandering around the devils' dorms? You got a death wish?" The devil had a playful smirk hovering on his lips as his face was a few inches away from Jisung's. The younger boy could feel his breath tickling his face with every word that left his mind. Aside from that, it made him completely furious how everyone kept on addressing him as 'almost angel' or saying that 'he's not an angel yet' as if that was his only quality. Maybe he's somewhere in the middle but does that matter? Everyone was once there. That's what Jisung currently had in mind. Blaming it on his anger, Jisung blurted out something he will probably regret for the rest of his life — or rather the afterlife.

  "How can I have a death wish if I'm already dead?"

  The ruby eyes staring at him turned into even a darker shade of red as the devil furrowed his eyebrows, rage written all over his face. Sneering, the devil licked his lips and looked at Jisung from an even closer distance.

  "Do you even know who you are talking to?" he asked as if it was the most obvious question but Jisung honestly had no idea.

  "I don't, actually. I guess you are not relevant enough for me to know your name." With those words leaving his mouth, Jisung wanted to facepalm himself or punch himself in the face and never wake up. Could he be one of the other two sons of satan? He thought but immediately dismissed that idea as he remembered that satan only has one son that could attend this university.

  Laughter erupted in the room and Jisung quickly glanced over the devil's shoulder to see others laughing, probably over what they've just heard. Not only did they find it funny but it was a rare sight to see an angel — not even one yet, standing up against the devil like that. Especially him.