Chapter 10

"I am glad you listened to my advice."

  When Jisung turned his head, he saw Hyunjin with Lee Minho, right next to him. The angel (oh, it felt so good to finally refer to himself as an angel) raised a brow while pointing at the devil beside satan's son.

  "Is he your bodyguard?" he asked jokingly but once he saw Minho's eyes turn red, he backed away as he put his hands in front of him as some kind of protection. But Hyunjin just rolled his eyes and asked his question again. Jisung answered that he had no clue what he was talking about and made his way towards Changbin. He ran towards him and hugged him tight, which threw Changbin off guard. He looked confused but still wrapped his hands around Jisung, hugging him back.

  "I did it, hyung!" he exclaimed excitedly. Changbin smiled but Jisung could not see it.

  "I am proud, Han. Even though it would be even better if you ended up on the other side of the stick, but whatever."

  Jisung pouted. "You want me to be the bad guy so much."

  Changbin rolled his eyes.

  "You are not a bad guy. But you will be if you will get brainwashed just like others. Be careful of who you hang out with." he said to the younger, patting his back before releasing the hug. Jisung looked him in the eye and sighed before nodding. He felt very torn because Seungmin told him not to hang out with devils. After all, he cannot trust them. And then there is Changbin, who is telling him that he should not trust the angels because they are manipulative beings that will brainwash you.

  Whose words should he believe? He did not know.

  Later that day, Jisung was given his wings. The whole process was very painful and Jisung almost cried in front of the whole auditorium (again), which lead to Changbin teasing him. The wings were big — not as big as Seungmin's, though. They perfectly described his personality, which surprised the angel.

  He was currently standing in front of the mirror, checking his wings out. He had this faint smile on his face, he was proud of himself. Even though certain things were distorted and omitted at a certain point during the ceremony, Jisung thought that it was maybe better that way. He had no idea how it happened, how he was able to tell his subconsciousness what to show and what to not show — not to even mention that he was supposed to lose his memories right after. But he's the only one that still vividly remembers everything.

  Changbin was lying on the bed, groaning here and there, unable to fall asleep. The whole day was long and they were all tired. Jisung sighed and hid his wings before proceeding to lay down on his bed. He turned to his side, so he could see Changbin. As if he knew, the older angel turned to his side as well and his eyes were met with Jisung's.

  Changbin smiled. "Are you excited?" When Jisung gave him a confused expression, he continued. "You will shortly begin your duty! I have already spoken with the masters and they agreed that the two of us will work together."

  Jisung looked him in the eye, his mouth opened wide. He wasn't sure if Changbin was for real or if he was just playing with him and giving him false hope. But soon after those thoughts, he realised his roommate isn't like that. He may seem dark because he's friends with the devils but actually, Changbin is a big softie.

  "What? Are you sure?" Jisung asked to which Changbin nodded, feeling all giddy inside. It was nice having an angel friend that did not have bad intentions. The younger boy sat on the bed. "What about your previous partner, though? You did not just replace them with me, right? Right? Oh my, no. You have to tell them that you will continue working with them, why would you suddenly stand them up when — "