Chapter 26

"Why is everyone talking about you carrying Jisung over your shoulder? Is this some kind of rumour jealous teenagers make up or are you truly THAT stupid to do that openly?"

  Once Chan heard two angels talking about this matter in the library, he immediately headed to their room, expecting to see Minho there. If not, he would most likely be in Jisung's room which would only confirm those rumours.

  "What's the deal?" Minho just shrugged as he flipped the pages of some random magazine he took when Chan barged into their room, not really caring what it was about. Chan just frowned and tore the magazine from Minho's hands.

  "Stop pretending to be reading this magazine about ... brewing tea. You know exactly what's the deal. If you stir up rumours about the two of you dating, it would put you through so much trouble. Not to mention you would also put Jisung in danger by doing so."

  Minho sighed as he rubbed his eyes and then sat up from his position, looking Chan dead in the eye. The older boy looked truly furious about this matter — it was probably the most furious Minho has ever seen him. It irritated him a bit because it was not like he wanted to stir up any rumours and he felt as if Chan was blaming him for it.

  "I think you are taking this too seriously, Chan," Minho sighed as he rubbed his temples, sensing that they are about to get into an argument. "It was just a playful gesture,"

  "I don't think you know what you are doing, Minho," Chan said, frowning. He was visibly angry. "You have no idea what's in the game. You might take this as a playful gesture, a nice way of treating your friend — but once stories start to come upon the surface and the Kim family finds out, you are doomed. Jisung is doomed. This isn't about you anymore."

  Minho sighed once again, feeling frustrated. "Hyung, how about you stop meddling in someone else's business."

  "Are you fucking dense or what? I just told you that you are putting Jisung on the line here. Have you forgotten what has happened to me? Do you really want to put Jisung through this as well?"

  Minho painfully closed his eyes as an image appeared in his head. It was a reminiscence of Chan getting his wings ripped away. That day was traumatic for both of them. For Chan as the one undergoing the humiliating process and Minho being the watcher. When the younger devil imagined Jisung in Chan's place, he felt a strong wave of emotions waver over him as he sank onto his seat, putting his head into his hands as he sighed, knowing that Chan was right. The older boy sat down next to him, soothingly patting his back.

  "You are right," Minho admitted, "I cannot put him through unnecessary danger but ... "

  "But what?" Chan raised his eyebrows, still rubbing his friend's back who did not dare to look up.

  "What if he's already in danger because of someone else?"

  The day when they were leaving the Imperium came faster than any of them imagined. At first, it was supposed to be just the four of them but Changbin decided to tag along. Not that it was a problem, they appreciated the angel by their sides. He also justified his decision with the fact that he missed their human friends (as he already decided to call them that) and wanted to meet them, soon. Jisung understood him, though. The duo was very loveable and he missed them dearly as well.

  Once they saw each other, Felix ran up to the older boy and when he was about to hug him, he realised he actually can't hug him. But it was too late so the blonde fell to the ground with a loud thud to which Jisung immediately answered with a burst of laughter before asking his best friend if he was okay. Felix nodded and returned back to Jeongin with embarrassment written all over his face as Jeongin was almost lying on the ground, laughing. Felix proceeded to hit him in the process.