Chapter 6

The angel felt very uneasy out of a sudden. He was sitting in his mother's office, waiting for her to come since she claimed that she has some important business that needs to be taken care of. And who else would get their hands dirty but Seungmin.

  Minutes were passing by and Seungmin already knew something was very wrong. Was this another training where he had to prove to his parents that he is good enough and able to handle problems on his own? The silence was piercing through his ears. It might have been normal in their home — being constantly surrounded by a pin-drop silence but it was unusual in the halls of this facility.

  He did not dare to step into his mother's room, so he decided to roam to the halls. When he stepped out of the office, he saw no one around, which was not unusual either since no one wanted to even pass by the headmaster's office. He decided to explore the library first because he knew Jisung should be there.

  He ran down the stairs as quietly as possible. He was already out of breath once he reached the library door and grasped its handle. He smashed the door open and his gaze fell onto a few devils that looked like they were frozen — technically, they were. Other students were around, also not moving. They stood there as if they were glued to the ground. The angel took some steps around one of the tables, examining it. His heart dropped when he saw one of Jisung's books on the table and devils surrounding that table, frozen in their steps. But Jisung was nowhere to be found.

  He immediately ran out, knowing where to look for him.

  Jisung looked around the unfamiliar room. There were many shelves around with, to Jisung's guess, thousands of books. It looked like a small version of the big library he studies in. Both devils sat down in front of him, Hyunjin looking him dead in the eye while Minho rather looked like he did not want to be here in the first place. That was understandable since Jisung was not fond of being here either.

  "Okay, why do you think we are here?" Hyunjin broke the silence, exchanging looks with Minho with slight smirks on their faces. Jisung gulped as he groaned internally.

  "You told me that you talked with Changbin about giving me some lessons."

  Hyunjin nodded, slowly getting up and taking a few steps towards one of the shelves. He raised his hand and moved it to the right, his fingers slowly tracing the lettering on the leather book cover. Just now, Jisung noticed that most of the books were covered in leather whereas the books in the library looked, ironically, more modern. As Hyunjin was examining all the books, Minho spoke up.

  "Do you have any idea where we happen to be, right now?," Jisung looked him dead in the eye, trying to remember if he's ever seen or at least heard about this room before. When nothing came into his mind, he shook his head. "We are in the secret room that belongs to the head of this facility. All the files and records can be found here."

  Jisung gaped as he looked around, not shocked these two troublemakers got access in here. "But it's not a secret room if you two know about it," he said, earning the devil's chuckle.

  "Not if no one's aware that we know."

  "But I am aware of it," Jisung deadpanned. Minho just rolled his eyes as if his point was very irrelevant. The devil probably knew Jisung would not dare to snitch on them, especially if they are trying to help him. "Okay, so, why did you bring me here then?"

  Hyunjin turned around, a giant book resting in his hand. He took slow and careful steps towards the table, his heels clicking with each step, signalling that they are probably made from high-quality material. Silver or some shit. The book looked heavy and when Hyunjin put it on the table with a loud thud, Jisung's thought was confirmed. The youngest leaned over to catch a glimpse of what the title of the book says, but Minho opened it on the first blank page before he could do so. He pouted as he sank into his seat again.

  "I'm pretty sure Changbin informed you about some basic things you need to know," Hyunjin began as he took a seat next to Minho again. "And I want to go deeper in this topic. I wouldn't have done this if you weren't my friend's friend, so feel at least a bit special about this."

  Jisung didn't say anything, he was just staring at the boy. And that made Hyunjin lowkey nervous.

  "Uhm," he coughed. "Well ... let's start, shall we?"

  The first fifteen minutes consisted mostly of them repeating the same thing Jisung has heard from Changbin numerous times already all over again and again. Until one particular question struck.

  "Have you figured out what I have told you already?" Hyunjin asked. Jisung looked down as he slowly shook his head and Minho looked at both of them, seemingly confused. When Jisung looked up again, satan's son had this expression on his face that Jisung was not able to read or look through. It was almost as if ... if the answer Jisung gave him was different, he would've acquired more information. For that reason, Jisung gave Hyunjin a suspicious look but quickly put on a poker face.

  "The thing is ... you are 'training' to be an angel. From my personal experience, angels are very egoistic, abrasive and hypocritical individuals," Jisung raised his eyebrows, feeling a bit of rage pile up in him. "Before you got mad, as I expected, let me explain it for you. The problem is not in you, or any of the other angels. The problem is who you look up to."

  Jisung calmed down a bit but the feeling of anger was soon replaced with immense confusion. So, they deluded Changbin into thinking these things ... Jisung thought as he furrowed his eyebrows.

  "We did not delude Changbin into thinking any of these. He was the one to figure it out on his own. Mrs and Mr Kim are the ones at fault here. They ... They are pure evil," he took a deep breath while trying to find the right words to explain this whole situation to the younger boy. "I know it sounds ridiculous from someone whose father is Satan himself but you need to trust me on this. They are not trying to help any of you, the only thing they want is to create an army to take over the underworld — "

  His monologue was cut off by Jisung's chuckle. "Wait, so you are trying to tell me that the headmasters, Seungmin's parents, are like evil villains in this already ridiculous story, who are trying to create an army of angels to take over your father's territory? What is this, Percy Jackson?"

  Jisung couldn't help himself but burst into laughter. It was absurd.

  "I am being serious, here. Jisung, I know it seems like a non-sense but if you will listen to me, I will explain everything you need and deserve to know."

Jisung sighed and nodded, it's not like he had anything better to do. He might as well sit here for a few hours and listen to this boring story that is extremely ludicrous.

  "This," he stated as he put his hand on the book laid in front of them. "This is the answer to all your questions and proof to support our —"

  The doors slammed open, revealing out of breath Seungmin, his face red from all the anger he was currently experiencing.

"Get away from him. Now."