Chapter 23

In the middle of the vision, Changbin came over to Jisung a hugged him for the rest remaining minutes and never once let go of his friend. Jisung also couldn't bear to look at the hurtful snippets of his life — he did not want to see it anyway, he was doing this only so Seungmin had a proper reason to rewrite the files. He was doing this for Felix and his well-being.

  As Jisung was hugging Changbin and heard his mother's painful ear-piercing scream when she found his body, he immediately brought his hands up to cover his ears so he didn't have to listen to the noises that tore his heart apart, knowing damn well he was the cause of all of this. His own selfishness brought pain to others and he was now paying for it. But before his hands rested on his ears, someone else did it for him. Someone else disconnected him from the surrounding world.

  It caught him off-guard when he saw  Minho in front of him, his hands carefully but firmly resting on his ears. For whatever reason. The younger boy looked at him with confused eyes as he put his own hands on the devil's, feeling a warmth radiate from them. He did not understand why the devil would do such a thing for him — help him like that but it was the only thing Jisung could focus on as he kept on watching Minho's profile. The devil was very focused on the vision Seungmin was displaying for them but still made sure Jisung did not hear anything that would affect him. Though it was him that was currently affecting him in numerous ways Jisung couldn't describe. And wouldn't even dare to.

  It wasn't the most adequate moment for Jisung's sudden realisation of how pretty Minho's lips were at that moment. They were still pretty noticeable from the side and his nose was even prettier. He slightly shook his head to get rid of those thoughts considering under what circumstances they were at the moment. However, that slight movement seemed to catch Minho's attention as he turned his head towards the younger boy, his eyes sparkling with some kind of emotion Jisung did not know. Or refused to know. He faintly smiled at him before stroking the angel's hands with his thumbs. This simple and lovely gesture caused Jisung to remain frozen in place, his heart quickening as he let out a shaky breath. Minho also had no idea what he was doing. Chan and his fatherly smile said otherwise, he knew exactly what he was doing — he liked seeing Minho sincerely care for someone. Although, the younger devil would never admit that, the word care being long gone from his dictionary.

  As quickly as it started, it was over. Minho immediately removed his hands and moved away, taking advantage of the fact that Changbin and Chan were probably the only ones that noticed his sudden affection for the younger boy. Changbin was still hugging him as Jisung awkwardly stood there, processing what had just happened as he watched Minho walk away from him.

  Changbin pulled away, looking at the younger boy in front of him, pain visible in his eyes as he stroked Jisung's hair. The young angel felt like he unleashed an emotion he would've never thought the older was able to express.

  "If only I could've been there for you," the shorter boy said before hugging the angel again, repeatedly whispering words of sorrow and regret in his ear. Jisung stayed quiet, not sure what to do in this situation. Explaining what happened to Jeongin before was very simple because the youngest was very mature for his age and he immediately forgave Jisung for his actions, saying that he understood him and would never turn his back on him just because he yearned to be freed from the constant pain.

  "It's fine," Jisung said, putting his hands on Changbin's muscular shoulders. He pressed them in a comforting manner before grinning at him. "It's fine, hyung. It would've happened either way."

  "But — " he trailed off, not sure how to put it nicely. "But why do I feel so guilty? Why do I feel such a responsibility for not being there for you, for not being able to stop you? I — you died so young. You did not deserve that, Jisung."