Chapter 15

"Excuse me?" Jisung looked like a deer caught in the headlights. That was an answer he certainly did not expect. "But I said no angel could help me with this, how could Seungmin help me if he's the headmasters' son on top of it all?"

  "Because he has access," Chan said while looking at the floor. The two other devils nodded in agreement, leaving Jisung as the only one who did not quite understand what they meant. He could be a bit too dense at times. "Of course! He has access to the files! Therefore he's the only person that can help you — we can only persuade him into helping you."

  Jisung shook his head, "There is no way he would help me. He can be pretty generous but going against his parents and their rules is something he would never do."

  "It's not like he loves them," Hyunjin said nonchalantly and all of them turned their heads in his direction.

  "And how would you know that?"

  Hyunjin shrugged and decided to drop the topic while he still could by averting it to Jisung's problem. "I am pretty sure he will agree. There must be some things that are his weak spot — just gotta figure out what that is and use it against him in your favour."

  Jisung sighed. He suddenly did not want to undergo this "mission". Hurting or taking advantage of Seungmin, who helped him a lot during the past year, was the last thing Jisung wanted. It would be perfect if Seungmin wasn't included in his plan at all. However, the angel might be the only person that knows every single thing about this building. He will for sure know where they should teleport (or however you want to call it) Jeongin and Felix without anyone noticing or raising any suspicion. Jisung ran his hands through his hair, worried.

  "As if trying to figure out the one thing you aren't able to do wasn't hard enough." Jisung groaned and whined like a child. Hyunjin laughed while Chan had this fatherly smile on his face. Jisung felt safe. Well, kind of — he would feel safer if there was not one certain devil burning a hole through his skull. When Jisung met his eyes, he felt that unusual feeling he felt back in the roof garden. His cheeks turned rosy pink as he tried to calm down his racing heart. Don't let yourself get lost in those eyes, he reminded himself upon realising that Minho might be painfully good-looking but he's still a devil. He lures innocent people into hell, just one glance and he will deceive them. As if his angel-like face was not deceiving enough. 

  "Well," Minho clicked his tongue and turned his before ruby eyes to their usual dark brown colour. "if you were able to figure that out, you are absolutely competent to figure out something pretty similar."

  Jisung shook his head, "That's a different thing. There are thousands of books written about Hyunjin. There are none written about Seungmin."

  "Don't be so sure about that," Chan spoke up as he got up from his bed and went over the desk Jisung was sitting next to, taking some papers from the lower drawer. He scanned them for a while as he nodded, making sure those are the ones he is looking for. "As you know, I used to be an angel. Back then, Seungmin was a toddler. And I vividly remember his mother, Mrs Kim, writing a journal about him. His weakness and powers. Everything in one place — exactly what we need."

  Minho nodded and got up, ready to leave the room but before he could do so, Hyunjin interrupted him.

  "Where are you going?" he asked and Minho looked at him as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

  "To get the journal?"

  Jisung rolled his eyes and internally chuckled, which caught Hyunjin's attention. "I knew his ego was high but wow, it keeps on surprising me more and more each day."

  "What did you just say?" Minho growled, his eyes shooting daggers at Jisung. Before this could erupt into a big fight that would certainly not end up good for the petite angel, Chan stopped both of them and reminded them of the reason why Jisung visited.

  "When was Seungmin a toddler? About a hundred years ago? You guys really think that journal still exists?" the youngest flooded them with questions.

  "Definitely. The angels love to maintain any kind of documents that could be useful in the future — either for educational purposes or situations like this." Chan explained while thinking about where the journal could be hidden. One of the places that came into his mind was Mrs Kim's office, private room or however you wanna call it. So Chan suggested that they should try looking there first.

  Hyunjin and Chan were guarding the hall so no one suspicious will get close to the two boys who were roaming around the headmaster's office, trying to steal some of her belongings. All of them hoped that she won't suddenly appear in the building. They were never present but they had 'spies' almost everywhere around the building in case something went wrong. That's why the two devils came up with an excuse in case someone witnessed them. On top of that, they got in touch with one of the holy commissioners and kindly asked for keys that open the upper part of the library — just to have some kind of an alibi.

  Meanwhile, Jisung and Minho were the ones that had to steal the journal but they had no idea what it looked like and even though Chan gave them a detailed description, the two boys felt a bit lost.

  Jisung pouted as he looked around the enormous office, "I will check-up the right part, you do the left one," he ordered as he went towards the stalls, looking for a book that would fit Chan's description. Leather book with the golden calligraphic title that read; Property of Kim Eundae. Chan also mentioned that the book did not have many pages, probably something over fifty. Jisung decided not to ask how is it possible that Chan knows such details because it would only shorten their time.

  Minho, on the other hand, is not a person that likes being ordered around but this time, he let it slide as he slowly made his way towards the left side of the bookshelf, also looking for the journal. He saw a few books about the law which made him internally chuckle. Minutes passed by and they still had no idea where that book could be. Jisung was about to give up and sit on the floor in defeat when suddenly a thought popped up in his head.

  "It's something personal," he said, catching Minho's attention who turned around to face the younger boy just to see him deeply staring at the woman's desk. Everything was pretty organised and Minho had no idea of what was the angel trying to say. "It's something personal, therefore she most likely hides it in a spot that is near her."

  Gesturing towards the desk, Minho immediately got the idea. Quickly but steadily walking over to the table, hoping that the drawer will be open and that Jisung will be right. The latter was closely walking behind him, peeking over his shoulder.

  The devil opened the drawer, just to be met with emptiness. He sighed.

  "Great," he said, mumbling and as he was about to close the drawer, Jisung grabbed his hand, stopping him from doing so. The older looked at him confusedly but Jisung was too focused on the drawer. He kneeled and investigated the poor piece of furniture as if it was in a public autopsy. What came unnoticed to Jisung was that he was still holding Minho's hand.

  "Weird ..." the younger boy whispered, rather to himself than out loud as he brought his hand up and knocked on the wood a few times. An odd noise could be heard. Not the regular noise wood makes once you knock on it. It sounded nearly dull. Jisung frowned, not sure if he heard that right, so he repeated his actions. The wood gave the same sound every single time. Minho kneeled next to the angel and knocked on the wood himself.

  In a blink of an eye, the devil removed the bottom of the drawer, revealing that it was fake. There was another part of the drawer inside. And there was a book. Leather book. Golden shiny italics letters hit their eyes almost immediately. Both of them released the breath none of them knew they were holding once they realised that they have found it. They found the journal.

  "I hate to admit it, but you've got quite a sharp eye," Minho admitted and Jisung slightly smiled, picking up the journal with his bare hands. He could still smell the leather that the book was covered with. It gave him some kind of a nostalgic feeling.

  Suddenly, a voice interrupted them.

  "What are you doing here, boys?"