Chapter 22

(TW: suicide and its detailed description, very heavy chapter ahead, please, read at your own risk)

  Jisung was going down the hall, tightly grabbing all of his books. He felt very tired and exhausted because the last few days, he spent his nights working on a literature project. Many sleepless nights just to perfect his already perfect (though he wouldn't admit that) work. All of his fatigue vanished once he saw his friends waiting for him at the end of the corridor, large smiles on their faces. Just catching a glimpse of them made the boy feel happier and suddenly full of energy. He smiled back at them and made his way towards them. Once he stood in front of them, both of the boys gave him a hug which he returned with no problems or hesitation.

  Felix shortly started rambling about one of their classes as they made their way toward the cafeteria. Jisung was unconsciously looking around him, ad if trying to look for something. He shook his head and just enjoyed being with his best friends, the paranoia momentarily leaving his mind. Just hearing them laugh, the cheerful giggles that escaped their mouths put a big fatherly smile on his face. They sat on their regular spot in the cafeteria while Jeongin went to get their lunches. It was their daily routine where every day one of the boys would go and grab lunch for the three of them and the next day it would be someone else.

  "How was the math class?" Felix asked Jisung, knowing very well that the older boy didn't really like that class because the teacher made it very difficult for him but he always tried his best so the freckled boy was very proud of him for at least trying to pay attention in the class and be as good as he could be. It seemed to work because even though Jisung hated that class with his whole heart, he still managed to be one of the top students. And that was something both of the younger boys of the trio admired.

  "Boring, as usual," the brunette boy said nonchalantly as he started digging in his food which look nothing like food. Felix pouted, hoping that someday his best friend would enjoy those classes instead of simply beating himself up to attend them and be there at least physically.

  "I was wondering if I could stop by your house today if that's okay with you?" The blonde boy asked as he gave his best friend a hopeful look. It's been a while since he stopped by because he's been insanely busy with his preparations for finals that took place a few days ago. Jisung nodded, as he dug in his lunch yet again. He wasn't really aware of what was asked because he was suddenly pretty much absent-minded and did not even pay attention to what was on his plate. So it basically went in one ear and out the other. Felix happily smiled and cutely clapped as he started eating his food as well, praising the youngest of them for how well he was eating here and there and Jisung couldn't do anything but admire them from afar.

  The day was slowly coming to an end, the three of them did not share any of their upcoming classes together, so Jisung texted them that after the bell rings, he has to go home quickly to take care of some things. All of them sent him a cute thumbs-up emoji before going offline. Jisung sighed, rubbing his eyes as he jumped on his bicycle and fastly rode home, not once looking back.

  The school uniform was suffocating him. The tie was tied very tightly and he was anticipating his arrival at home, so he could quickly take it off and wash his face with ice-cold water.

  Once he arrived at their driveway, he did not even bother putting his precious bike into the garage, so he left it on the spot where he stopped, not even noticing the mark the rubber wheels left on the concrete from his abrupt stop. Taking a deep breath, he opened the front door, just to be met with his mother. He kindly smiled at her before engulfing her in a big hug.

  "Hi, my love," she greeted him while rubbing his back gently and Jisung almost teared up upon the gesture even though he was so used to it. It was just different — today was not the right day. "How was your day?"