Chapter 42

"It all happened so fast, before we could comprehend what was going on, she was gone."

  Jisung just sat there, quietly listening and giving them time to finally explain what happened. It was currently just the four of them, the two angels and two devils in the room. They have not noticed Seungmin's disappearance yet due to the tense atmosphere between the four walls. It looked like Changbin had already heard this story before, the unfazed look on his face giving away this sole fact.

  "She is completely serious about it." Minho said as he sat cross-legged on his friend's bed, watching his face that was scrunched up with worry and his bottom lip already bleeding out due to the pressure put on it with his front teeth.

  Chan kept on marching around the room, his nerves skyrocketing with every second passing by. Just a few days ago, things were normal until their friend randomly decided that she wanted to get reincarnated. It was a decision that shocked them all. At first, they thought she was joking (just like she always was) but as hours went by, they have realised that those words were spoken with solemnity.

  They were able to understand it, but the inability to identify with it was what was slowly killing them inside. Slowly but surely losing their beloved friend.

  "Maybe..." Chan trailed off as he stopped in his tracks, eyes franctic. "Maybe if she gave it more time — all she has to do is to think about it!"

  Minho let out a sigh. "We cannot do anything about it. It's too late. She has decided and we have to respect it — "

  "I know!" The angel raised his voice, frustration spilling over the edge as he shakily breathed out, closing his eyes in the process. "I know..."

  The last words came out almost inaudible, incoherent whispers that bounced off of the white walls they were trapped in. Even their racing hearts could be heard more than the angel's low cries.

  Minho couldn't do anything but sit back and watch. Of course, it pained him, too. The ache was one of the worst ones he had felt in so long but a part of him had already come to terms with the fact that their almost inseparable trio won't be as inseparable as they thought it was.

  For the last hundred years, Minho has learnt to embrace the pain as it was instead of getting caught up in an endless hole of suffering. Sometimes, it's much better to come to terms with things as they are instead of letting them eat you out and swallow whole.

  The doors flew open and a slim figure of their friend stood in the doorframe, her long black sitting nicely on her shoulders as she was dressed in a black attire that was typical for the devils' formal events.

  "I'm ready." was all she said, swallowing a big lump in her throat as she saw the state her best friends were in. At that moment, Minho realised that it must have been hard for her as well.

  She wanted to have this moment special, so she could subconsciously treasure it in her heart even in her next life. Thus the reason she has decided that the whole process will be done behind closed doors, with no one else's presence.

  They were going against the rules but that was the last thing they cared about.

  All they cared about was having each other by their sides.

  "Come here," Chan whispered, motioning at her to come closer. As soon as she did, Chan engulfed her in a big hug, which was an immediate trigger for the threatening tears to finally escape their cages and finally start flowing down their cheeks.

  The hug lasted for a few minutes, a silence engulfing the room. Minho watched him quietly, feeling the love radiating from them. He felt heartbroken and betrayed but he understood her — she deserved another chance. She was entitled to another chance at life.