Chapter 36

"I am so fucking confused, Seungmin." Jisung groaned as he let himself get hugged by his angel friend who was sitting by his side, meanwhile, his other angel friend, Changbin, was sitting across them, on his own bed as he watched them silently.  Angel gathering, you could say.

  "I think there is nothing to be confused about," Changbin said as the two broke off their hug and looked at the shorter boy. He just faintly smiled at them. "It's okay to feel that way — we have many couples here."

  "It's not just that... " Jisung averted his vision to his lap, fingers twirling with one another as he let out a sigh. He needed to let this out and he trusted the two angels the most. It's not like he did not trust Hyunjin and Chan but he feared the satan's son's inability to lie. And Chan was simply Chan, he was too kind for anyone's good. "I just feel very conflicted."

  "About the fact that you two are an angel and a devil?" When Jisung shook his head, Changbin hummed before speaking up again. "Is it because you are both boys?"

  Jisung abruptly shook his head again, denying whatever Changbin was about to imply. "No, not at all! I don't really care about us being boys or the fact that he's a devil but rather ... rather the fact that it came so suddenly?"

  "You think it came suddenly? Minho has been waiting for this for hundreds years." Changbin said and Jisung just sighed, shrugging. He knew Minho has been waiting, he knew some kind of 'love' was about to come to him someday but Jisung just couldn't help himself but doubt it a bit. Weren't they all about how much they hate each other just a few days ago? Yes, the angel for sure felt some weird twists and quickening tempo of his heartbeat at certain times he had spent with the older. He always blamed it on nervousness from being around someone he despises or just not feeling good in general — though those feelings were very far from bad. He hated the older's behaviour, he hated the way he treated him and also the way he talked. How come one day, all of sudden, he started liking those things? Did he unconsciously tell himself that he liked Minho, too, once he heard his story?

  "Are you insecure about something?" Seungmin asked gently, frowning as he looked at his friend's conflicted expression. Jisung was nibbling on his lower lip as he thought about things over and over again before he shrugged for the umpteenth time that day.

  "I— I don't really know? I feel weird because I think that I truly like him but at the same time I'm convinced I shouldn't like him. And the same thing goes for him. He likes me? Not so long ago he threw a fit about every single thing I did and called me a filthy winged bird or whatever and I just ... I don't know, I don't want to cry about this but am I worth his interest? Poor guy has been waiting for this moment for God knows how long and I am the one he is so sure of? It might not even be me you all are looking for."

   Changbin sadly smiled at him as the images of Jisung's past flashed in front of his eyes and he simply came to a conclusion that the poor boy was fighting with so many things in his head that might have not even been there. Just like now he was convinced that there weren't any feelings the devil had for him. He was doubting and overthinking all the things that happened in the last few days and the angel feared his friend might break at this point. Jisung was blinded by his own insecurities and anxiety to even notice that it's been a while since Minho has realised his own feelings for the younger. The devil can be very thick-headed at times and deny things just because it would hurt his ego or because he hates the idea of admitting things but once Changbin had a quick chat with him one day, Minho actually admitted that he thinks the younger is cute and that he is very grateful it's him that was destined to be his lover. Though he hated the idea of calling him a lover, that's why Minho addresses him as a special someone whenever he comes to Changbin for some sort of advice.