Chapter 39

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it."

  Seungmin was pacing through the room as everyone was sat, except for Minho who was now soundly sleeping on the bed. Jisung was sitting by the table, his eyes empty as he scanned the ground and let his thoughts flow. He was so confused, his thoughts weren't even flowing in a steady pace, it rather felt like they were swimming against a current.

It was helpless.

"Wait, but that isn't even remotely possible!" Chan said loudly as he looked at the pure-blooded angel, his eyebrows furrowed. "Look, Seungmin, I've been in this shithole for over five hundred years. I have been on both sides of the spectrum and never have I encountered or even heard about such a thing."

Seungmin frowned before he mumbled something under his breath, something no one could hear. After that, he turned back around to face Chan, an almost furious expression on his face as he stepped closer to the devil-turned-angel.

"When will you finally understand?" he said, almost holding himself back from screaming at the older. He was frustrated, extremely frustrated now that even Hyunjin has returned to Hell. They were weakened and it was showing. "When will you fucking understand that things aren't the way they were supposed to be! Nothing will ever be the same, nothing."

Changbin stood up from his seat, quietly glancing at Jisung who was still sitting on his spot and looking on the ground as if he was glued on the spot and not even the loud exchange of opinions could wake him up from his trance.

"Alright, time to stop, guys." Changbin said while looking at the two boys. But his pleads seemed to be useless.

"Him showing up," Seungmin pointed at Jisung who finally took off his eyes from the ground. "Him becoming my friend, him overpowering my parents' spells, being Minho's soulmate, creating a fucking spell back then when the sudden 'migraine' hit us! All of those are things that have never happened before and yet you still doubt that there's a chance, even a slight fucking chance that he might be pure-blooded?"

Chan frowned as those words left the angel's mouth. "So are you trying to tell me that he came here and became an angel though he was supposed to end up a devil... and now you're convinced he's pure-blooded — which is a theory that would mean his parents are both angels. Have I ever heard of an angel born in the human world? No. Why? Because it's not possible."

"Tell me one reason why it cannot be possible. Just because it has never happened before? That doesn't mean anything, Chan. There had to be first to everything and Jisung might be the first — why aren't you willing to accept that?"

Seungmin was fuming and it was completely visible. The angel was not one to get mad, no matter what situation he was put in. But seeing him like that; frustrated, mad and seemingly helpless, Jisung felt something shift in his stomach. It was a hurtful sight and the fact his friends were fighting over matters regarding him, he couldn't help but think.

It's the same everywhere.

Chan scoffed.

"I know you badly want someone similar to you here, I get that you grew attached to Jisung and that he is one of the closest people to you but you need to understand that not everyone can get what they want. Jisung is Jisung. You cannot change his fate just because he did. You can't change the blood running in his veins just because you desire it. That's not how it works."

"Oh, wow! Now you're saying I am being salty over this? With all due respect for you, Chan, you're being completely dumb and irrational —" Seungmin was cut off by a voice that belonged to a certain devil that has just woken up from his slumber.