Chapter 38

If you told Jisung he would be running for his life while the rest of the angels are asleep with a certain devil holding his hand tightly and leading him down the hall, he would laugh into your face. The general idea of this happening was so absurd but the angel could feel some non-existent asthma kick in as he started to run out of his breath. The snarls he heard behind them were surreal to them and he wished they were asleep — he hoped they were asleep.

  "That's Hyunjin's room," Minho mumbled as he pointed toward the end of the hall. Once Jisung's eyes travelled to the very back of the hall, he almost groaned.

  "I don't think I have any energy left."

  "You can do it, Jisung," Minho said, also out of breath as he almost literally dragged Jisung behind him. The angel almost tripped numerous times but had to chance to compose himself before it was too late. He was too scared to look back, to peak at whatever — or whoever— was chasing them down, intruding on their last beautiful moments together.

  The wooden doors were a few meters away and Jisung really couldn't do it anymore. His legs were burning as well as his chest, his eyes were almost prickling with yet another set of bitter tears of pain. A sudden light engulfed them as the door opened, revealing a confused Chan standing in the door frame. Once he saw the two poor individuals being chased by something, distorted and worn-out expressions on their faces, his eyes went wide.

   "C'mon, faster!" he yelled at them as he motioned at them with his hands to move faster, eyes frantic.

  Minho sensed that Jisung had trouble keeping up with him, so he was about to pull him in front of him and push him into the said room, not fearing the danger behind them. But before he could do so, his number one priority tripped and fell to the ground with a loud thud and a deep exhale escaping his lips. Minho almost fell with him because they were firmly holding each other's hands as if their lives depended on it. And it did.

  Before the devil had the chance the help his lover get on his own feet or pick him up and run the two remaining meters to the room, he could feel muscular hands being wrapped around the two of them. In the blink of an eye, they were being pulled into the room. All Minho could hear were the painful cries of the angel next to him and his mind already imagined the worst as the door closed loudly behind them. Every single thing that was happening around them at the moment, such as Seungmin pulling out salt from somewhere and drawing a circle around them all as prevention, came unnoticed to the devil. Because all he saw and all he cared about was the younger boy occupying the spot next to him.

  "Are you okay?!" he immediately reached his hands towards the younger boy and when he saw an assuring nod, his beating heart immediately calmed down but he still checked Jisung in case he was trying to keep such a thing away from him.

"I won't hold back to snap that someone's neck for hurting people I care about. No matter if I get hurt in the process as well."

  He was about to hold Jisung close to his body, he tried to at least reach out for his hand again but an ear-piercing yell interrupted him from doing so and from his overall trance. His head shot up to see Seungmin hovering over them, a worried expression on his face as he examined them.

"We should ask that question someone else. Not Jisung." Seungmin admitted as he slowly tried to reach Minho who just confusedly stared at him. The angel abruptly shot up his eyes at the devil and once he noticed blood stains on his devil's shirt, he almost choked out a sob.

"Oh my, did that thing hurt you?!" Jisung whisper-yelled as he got closer to the boy, completely ignoring the loud bangs coming from outside the door, confused voices suddenly engulfing the hall. But just like Minho, all he saw was the boy next to him. He was now his number one priority. Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes but he held back – he once again convinced himself letting out his emotions won't do any good for them.