00 | prologue

— SIRIUS AND ROSANNA WERE both cuddled up on the couch together

— SIRIUS AND ROSANNA WERE both cuddled up on the couch together. Rosanna had her head laid against his chest as he ran his fingers through her hair. The two had been together since their 6th year at Hogwarts. They were engaged to be married but due to the war they decided to wait until they had the wedding.

Sirius fell in love with Rosanna the second he met her. As cliche as it sounds, it's true. He loved how happy and bubbly she was, a true Hufflepuff. "Sorry, pup, but I've got to go and check on Peter. I promised Lily and James I would" Sirius said as he stood up. "Well I'm coming with you. Remember we promised neither one of us would go anywhere alone" Rosanna told him.

He reluctantly agreed to let her come and they apparated to Peters flat. They knocked on his door but there was no answer. "Pete, it's just me and Rosanna" Sirius said in hopes he was just scared of who it was.

Still no answer.

"Alohomora" Rosanna muttered as she pointed her wand at the door. The door made a clicking noise before it opened. Sirius and Rosanna walked in. They looked around but Peter was nowhere to be seen making Sirius' heart drop. "Rosanna! We've got to go!" Sirius shouted as he grabbed her hand and quickly apparated them to Potter Cottage.

Rossana looked up at the house in front of her and felt everything slow to a halt. The top half of James and Lily's house was almost completely blown up. Rosanna began to make her way toward the house but not before Sirius takes her hand and makes sure she brings out her wand.

They carefully walk inside, wands raised. "James! Lily!" Sirius shouted as he looked around the ground floor of the house while Rosanna began going up the stairs. When she reached to top she let out a scream that was mixed between a gasp. Sirius' head snapped over to the stairs as he began running to the girl. "Pup! I'm coming!" He ran up the stairs and stopped in his tracks as he saw what she was screaming at.

He found Rosanna gripping onto James as she sobbed into his chest that wasn't falling up and down.

"Rosanna? Rosanna why isn't he moving?" Sirius asked the girl with a horrified look on his face.

Rossana looked up at him with tear-stained cheeks. Sirius kneeled beside him and took a hold of his shoulders. "James, James come on man this isn't a funny joke come on get up now! Please get up! Please..." He trailed of as Rosanna pulled him away gently from the body of his best friend.

He fell back into the girl and sobbed into her chest. They were interrupted when they heard Harry's cries. They shot up from where they were laying in each other arms and into Harry's nursery.

What they saw only horrified them more. Lily Potter, Rosanna's best friend, laying lifeless on the floor while Harry stared at his mother with tears running down his little cheeks. Rosanna walked forward and took Harry out of his crib before sitting down with her back against it while staring at Lily feeling her blood run cold.