03 | lioness

— "REMUS, MY OLD FRIEND, have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius asked him, panic laced through his words

— "REMUS, MY OLD FRIEND, have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius asked him, panic laced through his words. Rosanna ran over to the children and stood in front of them. "You know the man you truly are Remus! This heart here, this is who you truly are!" Sirius shouted as he pointed at Remus' chest but it was no use, Remus had begun to transform.

Remus, due to the pain, dropped his wand making a smile spread across Peter Pettigrew's face. He bent down and picked up the wand pointing at Sirius and Remus. "Expelliamus" Harry quickly shouted, knocking the wand out of Peter's hand. Peter only smiled at them and gave a creepy wave before he turned back into a rat and scurried off.

Rosanna quickly made a run for him, running down the hill after him but lost him. She heard Sirius shouting for them to run before she saw him get flung right next to the black lake, knocked out. She was going to run to check on him when she heard Remus start howling. She closed her eyes tightly and when she opened them again she was in the familiar body of her lioness Animagus.

She quickly ran over to where the howl came from and spotted Snape stood protectively in front of the children as Remus stalked towards them. He was about to claw at them before Rosanna let out a mighty roar and launched herself on him, knocking him away from the group. They brawled about on the floor before Rosanna managed to knock Remus away from her.

Remus growled before her ran to her and clawed down the side of her stomach making her let out a pained roar. He then stood up and flung her against a nearby rock. She hit her head hard against it making her vision blurry and her head feel dizzy.

When she regained sight she was him making his way over to the group. She quickly shot and pounced on him making him topple over the side of the hill. Rosanna stood in front of the group looking at her wound before looking up at the three children.

"Rosanna?" Harry asked breathlessly when he recognised her eyes. Rosanna looked over at Snape and saw his eyes widen at the mention of her name making her, in her lion form, let out some sort of laugh.

"She's bleeding" Hermione said gently as she kneeled down beside the lioness, stroking her head. A loud growl could then be heard from the side of them making all of their heads shoot round to see Remus there again, ready to attack Rosanna.

She let out a low growl before both of their bodies clashed together, each of them clawing at each other relentlessly. The sound of pained cries echoed through the air making Hermione cringe at the sound. Remus flung Rosanna backwards before once again stalking towards the group. Rosanna ran forward and grabbed Remus' arm with her teeth making him start to chase her away from the group.

The group watched helplessly as Remus held Rosanna up in the air before slamming her down on the ground full force, a pained whimper came from Rosanna after that. Suddenly the sound another wolf howl could be heard making Remus run towards it. Rosanna turned back into her human form and clutched her side as a searing pain shot through her like knife.

She stumbled forward, eventually reaching where Sirius was laying, still knocked out. Rosanna fell to the floor before everything went black.

...

Rosanna's eyes slowly fluttered open, her eyes squinted for a moment, trying to adjust to the light. "Are you okay, Rosanna?" A gentle voice asked from beside her. Rosanna sat up slightly and turned her head to the side. "Yeah, I'm okay Hermione" Rosanna smiled at the young girl. "Are you guys okay? Oh no Ron, your leg" Rosanna fussed, getting up from her bed and rushing over to his bed.

"Are you okay honey" Rosanna asked him worriedly. "Yeah I'm okay" Ron smiled slightly. "Harry, what about you sweetie?" Rosanna asked as she walked over to him and brushed the stray hairs out of his face. "I think I should be the one asking you that" Harry said, pointing at the bandages covering her stomach.

"Oh that's nothing I've never had before" Rosanna laughed. "What happened to Sirius?" Rosanna panicked. "We're not sure" Hermione said and not even a moment later the doors swung open and in walked Snape.

"What do you want Snape?" Rosanna asked, stepping in front of the children. He looked her up and down in shock for a moment before shaking it off. "I was just here to let you know that Black has been captured and they will call the dementors to give him the kiss at any time" Snape said with a smirk.

"What?" Rosanna asked, not wanting to believe her ears. "You heard me loud and clear Robinson or should I say Black.. Oh no that's right you two never did get married did you because he killed Lily" Snape sneered.

"You keep their names out of your mouth!" Rosanna said angrily. "No" Snape said simply. Rosanna walked forward and grabbed him by the sides of his cloak and pushed him against the wall. "I see you haven't changed" Snape said. "And I see you haven't either" Rosanna said with a smirk and a tilt of her head.

"I would appreciate it if you let go of me Robinson. I need to talk to Mr Potter" Snape said trying to get past Rosanna but she stepped in front of him. "Yeah, that's not happening" Rosanna snorted. "I'm his godmother and when I'm here you're not stepping another step near him" Rosanna said.

"And why's that" Snape questioned. "Because James would turn in his grave and I don't want a slap across the face from him or Lily for that matter when I die" Rosanna said. "When I became his godmother, I swore I wouldn't let anything happen to him so that means keeping you away from him" Rosanna said.

"You know Rosanna you may not be a threat but you better stop pretending to be a hero. We all know your mother and father both joined the death eaters" Snape teased. " Don't ever mention those bastards in front of me again" Rosanna said dangerously low before grabbing him and pushing him out of the room.

She let out a huff of air and tried to compose herself. She couldn't help but let a tear fall at the mention of her parents. She loved them more than anything before they joined the dark side and they loved her. She had always felt partly responsible for James and Lily's death, I mean her parents were on his side and so was Peter, surely she could've figured it out before it was too late

She felt a sense of guilt build up inside of her knowing that Harry now knows that her parents were part of his parents killing in a way. "Rosanna are you okay?" The questioning voice of Harry pulled her out of her thoughts. "Harry, I just want you to know I'm nothing like my parents and I would do nothing to harm you and I'll completely understand if you never want to see me again.." Her anxious rambling was cut off by Harry giving her a hug.

"It's not your fault" Harry said. "What?" Rosanna asked after a moment. "It wasn't your fault my parents died" Harry said as he pulled away from the hug with a comforting smile. Rosanna could only mumble out a small meaningful 'thank you', she was feeling too many different emotions to talk.

'He really is like Lily' She thought to herself.

Before anyone could say anything Dumbledore walked into the room catching everyone's attention.