10 | harry's trial

— "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE not getting to go to his trial, of course I would be allowed but you should be able to go!" Sirius ranted as he angrily walked into his room and slammed the door, disturbing the peace of a reading Rosanna

— "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE not getting to go to his trial, of course I would be allowed but you should be able to go!" Sirius ranted as he angrily walked into his room and slammed the door, disturbing the peace of a reading Rosanna. "There's not a lot that can be done, Sirius, he's got Arthur Weasley with him" Rosanna said as she took of her reading glasses and placed them down on the nightstand along with her book.

"How are you not annoyed about this?" He asked agitatedly as he poured himself a glass of whiskey and took a sip whilst sitting down on the couch in front of the fire.. "Oh believe me Sirius I'm just as annoyed as you but I see no point in getting upset, it won't change anything" Rosanna said as she stood up from where she was laying on the bed and over to where Sirius was now lighting a cigar.

"Where'd you get that from?" Rosanna asked curiously as she sat next to him. "Found them in my father's office, we're getting off track here, why aren't you mad about this?" He asked again. "Like I said two minutes ago, I see no need to be mad it won't change a thing, now I will be furious if Harry comes back and says he isn't allowed back. The minister will know all about it if he doesn't let Harry back" Rosanna said making Sirius smirk.

"That's more like it" he said making Rosanna quirk up her eyebrow. "Why do you want me to be mad?" She asked him. "You never show any other emotion other than happiness; I'm just making sure you're okay and aren't bottling things up" He admitted. "Well aren't you cute" Rosanna laughed as she stood up and walked over to a nearby chest of drawers where she had put her clothes.

She took out a knee length rusty, orange coloured dress and a piece of black ribbon for her hair. "I'm going for a shower" she said as she walked towards the ensuite. "Can I join?" Sirius asked jokingly making Rosanna laugh "If you want" she said as she looked over at him. "Really?" Sirius asked, they hadn't been together in well twelve years so he didn't know if she was being serious and he didn't want to pressure her into anything.

"Yeah, unless you don't want too" Rosanna added quickly. "No, I want too" Sirius said as he walked over to her with a smirk. "Lead the way" he said making her smile excitedly as she dragged him towards the bathroom.

...

Later on Rosanna and Sirius were sitting with the Weasley's and Remus waiting for Harry and Arthur to return home. Sirius held Rosanna's hand comfortingly but it was soon torn from him when Rosanna heard the front door opened up. "How'd it go?" Rosanna asked once she reached Harry and placed her hands on his shoulders. "I'm allowed to go back" he said with a smile. "Oh thank god" Rosanna said with a sigh as she brought Harry into a tight hug. "They would know all about it if they didn't let you back" Rosanna said making Harry laugh into her shoulder.

Rosanna pulled away and let Sirius give Harry a hug. "I'm going to go help Molly with lunch" Rosanna said as she left the two to have their moment. "Need any help?" Rosanna asked as she leaned against the doorway of the kitchen. "Would you mind chopping those carrots for me dear?" Molly asked as she pointed to the carrots sitting on a chopping board.

"No problem" Rosanna smiled before getting to work peeling the carrots then chopping them up. After about half an hour Rosanna was finished and moved on to the next thing but just before she began chopping something else Tonks came in. "Rosanna, Dumbledore sent you a letter" she said as she handed Rosanna an envelope. "Thanks Tonks" Tonks nodded in reply before departing from the room.

Rosanna walked through to the dining room where all the children, Sirius and Remus were sitting. Rosanna took a seat next to Sirius. "What's that love?" Sirius asked as he looked at the envelope in her hands. "A letter from Dumbledore" She replied as she opened it up and took out the piece of paper inside.

"Well children, it appears I'll be joining you again this year" Rosanna told them as she placed the letter down on the table. "What do you mean?" Harry asked. "Dumbledore needs an auror to come in in case any death eaters come" Rosanna explained. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Sirius staring blankly at the table.

"We'll be back in a minute" Rosanna excused herself and Sirius and left the room, walking towards the living room. "What's wrong?" Rosanna asked as she sat down on the sofa with Sirius. "Nothing" Sirius replied. "Sirius" Rosanna said warningly. "I.. I just thought that you'd be staying with me" Sirius said as he looked over at Rosanna. "Dumbledore has given me permission to use his floo system to come and visit you whenever I wish" Rosanna informed him.

"I'm only doing this to keep Harry and his friends safe. I'm not happy about doing it but Harry's safety is very important" Rosanna explained. "I agree, I just.. I just got you back and now you're leaving again" Sirius said as Rosanna cuddled against his side. "I'll be back almost every day to see you, I swear" Rosanna promised as she wrapped her arm around Sirius' torso.

"You better" Sirius said with a small smile.

...

Rosanna was sent by Molly to get the children for dinner. She had gotten Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny but was still yet to find the twins. "Fred? George?" She called and after a few seconds there was a reply. "In here" She heard one of them shout from a guest room. She walked into the room to find the twins working on something on the floor.

"What are you guys making now?" Rosanna asked amusedly as she walked over to them. "A bomb" George said simply. "A real one?" Rosanna asked apprehensively. "Yeah but not a dangerous one that can kill people" Fred said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Interesting" Rosanna mumbled.

"Seen as you're here you can watch us test it" Fred said excitedly. "Maybe later dinners ready" Rosanna suggested, she loved the twins but she could only see this going wrong. "It won't take long" George said as Fred grabbed the bomb and lit a match. He lit the bomb and him and George ran over to where Rosanna was standing.

"Fred..." George began. "I think you picked the wrong one" George mumbled, knowing there was one that they had put too much powder in. "Oh shit" Fred mumbled as he realised what he had done. Fred and George quickly crouched down pulling Rosanna with them and blocking her from the blast.

Down in the kitchen everyone was at around the table waiting for them to come back down. "Where are they?" Molly fussed as she brought out the food. "I'm sure they'll be just down Molly" Remus said as he handed everyone a plate. Lots of people were there for dinner that night. Kingsley Shaklebolt and Mad Eye had also joined them for dinner as they were there to talk to Remus about something. Just moments after he said that a loud explosion could be heard from upstairs.

They all sat in shock for a moment before all the adults jumped up with their wands and ran to where the mouse had come from. Obviously the kids weren't far behind them. They ran into the room, wands raised. They found the room covered in red glitter and smoke. Fred, George and Rosanna were all completely covered in glitter.

"What happened?" Sirius asked as he walked over to Rosanna and looked her up and down. Rosanna looked over at the boys for second before turning back to Sirius. "We were mucking about with spells and it kind of went wrong" Rosanna said with an awkward smile. She knew that if Molly found out it was the twins trying to make more joke products she would be furious.

"Boys! What have I told you! You need to start being more responsible!" Molly yelled as she marched over to the boys who had their head hung low. "It was my fault Molly, they did nothing wrong, trust me" Rosanna said making Molly look between her and the boys.

"If you say so" Molly said unsure. "Right I'm going for a shower" Rosanna announced as she winked at Sirius on the way out.