01 | shock

- 12 YEARS LATER -

- 12 YEARS LATER -

— IN THE FORBIDDEN FOREST all that could be heard were the fast footprints of a pair of boots. The person was running away from a large group of centaurs. They took out their wand as they ran and looked over their shoulder before shooting a spell at the centaurs but it did nothing.

The person looked back in the direction they were running and pushed themselves to run faster. Their legs felt shaky and like they would collapse at any given time but they couldn't give up. They didn't exactly feel like being trampled by a bunch of hooves, that just wasn't on their list of things to do.

The person noticed a branch in the distance and came up with a plan that they could only hope would work. When they reached the branch they launched themselves upward and took a hold of the branch tightly in their hands. They hauled themselves up fully onto the branch and watched as the centaurs ran right past the tree, completely oblivious as to what they had done.

They sat there for few minutes more just leaning against the tree, trying to get their breath back into their lungs.  They smiled to themselves, happy to have not gotten trampled by the creatures. They swung their legs over the side of the tree branch they was sat on before jumping of the branch and wiping the muck of their hands on their trousers. "That wasn't the plan for today" they said as the rolled their eyes and began to walk again. The person eventually reached the edge of the forest and spotted what they were looking for.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

They were about to start walking over before they noticed someone people getting flung about by the whomping willow. They squinted their eyes to see who it was and gasped when they saw the exact replica of one of their old friends.

"James?" The person whispered before it suddenly clicked in their brain at who it was. "Harry" The person said feeling tears gather in their eyes. They watched as him and a girl got flung into a whole in the tree.

*INSIDE OF THE WHOMPING WILLOW*

"Harry, it's a trap, he's the dog! He's an Animagus!" Ron shrieked as he pointed towards the door. The door then slowly shut to reveal a rather dishevelled looking man. That man was Sirius Black. "If you want to kill Harry you'll have to kill us too!" Hermione shouted at the man.

"No, only one will die tonight" Sirius said grimly. "And it will be you!" Harry shouted as he launched forward and tackled Sirius to the ground. Harry pulled out his wand and held it against Sirius' neck. "Are you going to kill me Harry?" Black questioned through his laugh. "Expelliamus!" Came the voice of Remus Lupin, knocking Harry's wand from his hand.

"Well, well Sirius looking rather ragged aren't we? Finally the flesh reflects the madness within" Remus said as he looked down at Sirius who was still laying on the floor. "Well you'd know all about the madness within wouldn't you Remus?" Black questioned in a playful tone.

Remus smirked before holding out his hand and pulling his friend up and into a hug. "He's here! I found him!" Sirius said excitedly. "I know" Remus said. "Let's kill him!" Sirius exclaimed. "No" Hermione screamed. "I trusted you! and all this time you've been his friend" Hermione shouted at Lupin.

"He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!" She continued, revealing the man's secret to her friends. "How long have you known?" Remus asked calmly. "Since Professor Snape set the essay" Hermione stated. "Well, well, well Hermione you really are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met" Remus laughed slightly.

"Oh enough talk Remus come on! Let's kill him!" Sirius shouted. "Wait" Remus said making Sirius explode. "I'VE DID MY WAITING! 12 YEARS OF IT! IN AZKABAN!" Sirius yelled at the top of his lungs. "Fine. Kill him but wait one more minute Harry has the right to know why" Remus warned.

"I know why! You betrayed my parents! You're the reason their dead!" Harry said, his voice full of hurt. "No Harry it wasn't him but it was someone who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead" Remus told him. "But Sirius all this still doesn't explain what happened to Rosanna" Remus noted.

"He killed her as well" Sirius said, his voice bubbling with anger. "Who's Rosanna?" Harry asked. "Your mum's best friend and your godmother" Remus informed him. "So who did kill them then?" Harry asked. "PETER PETTIGREW! AND HE'S IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW! COME OUT PETER! COME OUT AND PLAY!" Sirius said crazily before the doors swung open and in charged Snape who knocked Sirius' wand out of his hand.

"Oh revenge is sweet! How I hoped I would be the one to catch you" Snape said through gritted teeth. "Severus" Remus tried but was only met by Snape pointing his wand in his face. "I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle and now, here's the proof" Snape snarled.

"Brilliant Snape! Once again you put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and as usual comes to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us Remus and I have some important business to attend too" Sirius said. "Give me a reason I beg you" Snape growled as he dug his wand into Sirius neck.

"Come on Severus, don't be a fool" Remus said. "He can't help it, it's a habit by now" Sirius joked. "Be quiet Sirius" Remus warned. "Oh be quiet yourself Remus" Sirius scoffed. "Listen to you two quarrelling like an old married couple. You and your dear Rosanna didn't get to experience that did you?" Snape smirked as he said this.

"You keep her name out of your mouth or I swear to god I will cut of your tongue!" Sirius shouted at Snape. "Why don't you just run along and play with your chemistry set" Sirius taunted. This only made Snape dig his wand further into the side of Sirius's neck.

"I could do it you know but why deny the dementors they're so longing to see you" Snape said feeling a sense of enjoyment when he saw Sirius' eyes flash with fear. "Do I detect a flicker of fear? Oh yes, a dementors kiss. I can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness but I'll do my best!" Snape snarled.

"After you" Snape said as he motioned for Harry, Ron and Hermione to leave. Seconds later a voice came from the door. "Expalliamus!" A woman shouted sending Snape flying back into the bed, the canopy above collapsing down on top of him.

Everyone's head shot round to door where they all saw a blonde woman standing in the doorway, hair disheveled slightly with knots and dirt. She was wearing a pair of black boots, pair of denim mom jeans and what appeared to be an old queen shirt. The kids could hear Remus and Sirius let out a gasp of disbelief as the stained at the woman in complete and utter shock.