19 | christmas

— CHRISTMAS DAY HAD FINALLY come and to make the day even better Arthur had come home the previous night

— CHRISTMAS DAY HAD FINALLY come and to make the day even better Arthur had come home the previous night. Almost like a little Christmas miracle. And it had been snowing so it would be a white Christmas. Rosanna was beginning to think it couldn't get any better.

To get a head start on the festivities Rosanna woke up and made her way down the stairs to make a start on breakfast. She decided instead of the boring breakfast they usually have she'd make chocolate chip pancakes. It was Christmas after all. She made her way into the kitchen and turned on the radio and smiled as Freddie Mercury singing, 'Thank God it's Christmas, echoed around the room.

She swayed to the beat of the music as she got the ingredients out of the fridge and began making the pancakes. She put all the right ingredients into the bowl and began to stir it thoroughly until it was nice and smooth. It would have been useful if somewhere in the house was an electric mixer. She knew she could've used magic but she decided that that took the purpose and fun out of it.

She could hear people beginning to wake up and make their way downstairs "Morning Rosanna" Harry smiled as he walked into the kitchen. "Merry Christmas Harry" Rosanna smiled back at him, bringing him into a hug. "What are you making" He asked as he looked over her shoulder. "Chocolate chip pancakes" she said as she wiped some of the batter on his nose.

"Do you need any help?" He questioned as he wiped the batter off of his nose with a smile. "Sure, you can pour the batter into the pan whilst I do the dishes" Rosanna offered and Harry nodded. They began working once again and within half an hour they were all finished, Rosanna just had to dry the dishes. Harry was about to help her when Ron shouted for him. Luckily for Rosanna, her good friend Remus Lupin walked through the door just at the right time.

"Merry Christmas Remus" Rosanna smiled as she walked over and brought him into a tight hug. He hugged her back just as tight. They were both happy that they were going to have a better, happier Christmas this year. For so many years it had just been them with a very small turkey and potatoes and a few tears.

"Merry Christmas Rosanna" Remus smiled down at her as they pulled away. "Could you give me a hand with the dishes?" She asked and he nodded immediately.

As they began washing the dishes a song came on the radio making them stop what they were doing. Usually Christmas song cheered a person up but not this one. This one hit too close to home for them. It had done for 15 years. That song was 'Happy Xmas (War is Over) by John Lennon. The first time they heard it they were sat in Remus living room and by the end of the song they were crying together.

The lyrics hit them hard. Especially these ones:

'A very merry Christmas
And a happy new year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

And so this is Christmas
And what have we done?
(War is over if you want it)
Another year over,
A new one just begun.
(War is over if you want it)'

After just losing almost all of your friends and family in a war just before Christmas, this song hit deep.

Rosanna leaned her head on Remus shoulder as she slowly continued drying the dishes with a sad absent-minded smile. Those Christmas may have been depressing as hell but at least they had each other. She couldn't imagine trying to go through all that alone. She probably wouldn't have if you know what I mean.

"Merry Christmas you two" Came a voice from behind them, snapping them out of their daze. "Merry Christmas Padfoot" Remus said as he brought the other man into a hug before leaving the room to find a certain pink haired woman. "Merry Christmas Sirius" Rosanna smiled as Sirius wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. "Merry Christmas Rosanna" Sirius whispered as he pulled away and pulled a neatly wrapped present out of his pocket.

He handed it over to Rosanna making him look down at it before smiling back up at Sirius. She tore off the wrapping paper to reveal a velvet box. She slowly opened it up to reveal a beautiful diamond bracelet. The diamond was in the shape of a little daisy. "They are your favourite flower aren't they? I wasn't sure if it were a daisy or a sunflower" Sirius began rambling but Rosanna shut him up with a loud kiss.

"It's perfect" She smiled. He smiled down at her as she put the bracelet on her wrist. "Come on" Rosanna said as she brought the pancakes through to the kitchen where everyone was sitting waiting. "Merry Christmas everyone!" Rosanna cheered with a bright smile as she placed the platter of pancakes in the middle of the table. A chorus of many 'Merry Christmas' followed suit.

...

Later on it was time to give out presents and Rosanna went first. For Fred and George she had gotten them stuff from Zonkos and stuff to make their own prank gear. For Ron she got a poster of the Chudley Cannons quidditch team and some sweets. For Hermione she got a hamper full of books that Hermione had said she had wanted during the year. For Ginny she got something to keep her broom in good shape and nice navy dress. For Tonks she got a leather jacket. For Remus she got lots of chocolate and a new jumper and cardigan.

For Molly and Arthur she had got them stuff for around the house. For Harry she gave him his mums old polaroid camera, a Gryffindor pin his dad had gotten her and a new pair of black converses. And last but certainly not least, Sirius.
She had two gifts to give him but one would have to wait till later that night ;)

Anyways her other gift was a brand-new record player with a basket of all his favourite songs. She also got him framed moving picture of them in fifth year. Sirius was running around with Rosanna on his back who was holding in for dear life but still had a smile on her face.

"Thank you love" Sirius said as he placed a kiss on her cheek lovingly. As Molly got her gifts from under the tree Sirius went off to get himself another glass of wine whilst Rosanna stayed and watched. Molly gave Ginny her present before handing a big yellow box to Ron. "Big box for you" Molly smiled brightly.

She went to hand Fred and George there presents but got confused as to who was who and eventually gave up and handed them anyone. This made Rosanna quirk an eyebrow subtly. Surely by now she'd know who's who?

"Rosanna this one's for you" Molly said as she handed Rosanna a present wrapped in yellow wrapping paper. "Thanks Molly" She smiled before opening the present to reveal a maroon-coloured scarf. She gave Molly and Arthur a hug before letting her give Harry his present. Rosanna walked over to Harry, spotting Sirius in the doorway. He shot them both an amused smile and head shake.

"Looks like we have matching scarfs now" Rosanna joked as she nudged Harry lightly, wrapping her scarf around her neck. "To Mr Harry Potter without who, I would not be here" Arthur said as he raised his glass to Harry along with the others. "Harry" everyone said. "Harry" Sirius said later than everyone making Rosanna and Harry look back over at him as he took a drink of his wine.

"What a dramatic man" Rosanna sighed with a roll of her eyes. "You love it!" Sirius shouted over his shoulder as he went to refill his glass.

She did love it.