25 | the ministry

— ON THE MORNING OF June 18th 1996, Rosanna shot out of her bed that she shared with Sirius as fast as she could, waking him up

— ON THE MORNING OF June 18th 1996, Rosanna shot out of her bed that she shared with Sirius as fast as she could, waking him up. She ran into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. She quickly sat down in-front of the toilet and let everything out. When she had finished she flushed the toilet and laid her head against the nearby wall. She let out a long sigh as she placed a hand on her stomach.

"Are you okay Rosanna?" Sirius asked from the other side of the door. "Yeah, just not feeling too well" She called through to him. "Can I come in?" He asked. "Yeah I guess" Rosanna replied and with that Sirius opened the door and walked in. He looked over this her and a look of sympathy appeared across his face. "What's going on?" He asked as he run a cloth under the tap. "I don't know, I just got a wave of sickness all of a sudden" Rosanna said as Sirius kneeled in-front of her.

And just like he did when they were younger, he cleaned her up. "Do you know why? Did you eat something?" He asked but she just shrugged. She knew exactly why she was feeling like this but she wanted to make it special when she told him.

Last week, she had gotten some of the best and scariest news she had ever received.

*Flashback*

Rosanna noticed that her period was a week late which wasn't normal for her as she was usually as regular as clock work with her period. At first she wasn't complaining about missing the first few days but she began to grow worried after a week. She decided just to be safe and head out the shops to get the all so famous pregnancy test. Once she had acquired one she made her way home and into the bathroom.

After doing what she needed to do she placed it on the edge of the sink as she sat on the edge of the bathtub, waiting anxiously. Her legs bobbed up and down as she listened to the clock in the hallway tick away every second of her nervous waiting. Eventually the two minutes was up and she bit the bullet and look at the results that made tears prick at the corners of her eyes.

Two lines.

It was positive.

Her hands instinctively went down to her stomach as she looked at herself in the mirror. As she looked down at her hand placement in the mirror and wide smile broke out on her face. She had a little baby growing inside her. Her baby. She had longed for this day for so long and she couldn't help but let a few tears fall. She was nervous of course but the pure and utter joy truly outweighed that at the present moment.

All she had to do was tell Sirius and hope he was as happy as she was.

*End of Flashback*

"Maybe you should get back in bed in rest, maybe you'll feel better, I'll go and get you some water" Sirius said making Rosanna nod in agreement. He helped her to her feet and walked with her over to the bed. He helped her in as if he let her go she would crumble to pieces. "I'll be back in a minute" he said as he pulled to covers over her before leaving the room.

Rosanna had planned how she was going to tell him about the baby. She had gone a few days ago and bought a shirt. That would break the news to him. She hadn't told anyone else about the baby. The only people that knew were her and the baby growing inside her.

She had decided that she'd give it to him tonight after dinner.

She didn't know how far along she was yet. She had booked an appointment at St Mungo's for Friday afternoon; it was currently Tuesday. She wouldn't know the sex of the baby but she didn't mind the gender. No matter what it was she would love it to the moon and back.

"What are you smiling at?" Sirius asked amusedly, snapping Rosanna out of her day dream. "I didn't even realise I was smiling" she said as she shook her head. "Here's your water love" he said as he handed her the water. "Are you feeling any better" He asked as he sat down in bed next to her. "Yeah, must have just needed to get something out" Rosanna lied and thankfully Sirius believed her.

"Okay, well we should try and get some sleep, it's five in the morning" Sirius said making Rosanna's eyes widen. "I thought it like eight or something" she said as she got snuggled back under the cover. She laid her head on Sirius chest, listening to his heartbeat as she cuddled into his side. "Wake me if you start to feel sick again" He whispered into her hair making her him in response.

It wasn't long until she fell asleep to the gentle strum of his heartbeat.

...

A few hours later the couple had awoken once again and were sitting the table having lunch when the front door opened. "Only us!" Remus shouted through and moments later Tonks and him walked through into the kitchen. "Hello you two, to what do we owe the pleasure" Rosanna greeted as she hugged the two. "Neither of us have visited in a while so we decided we'd stop by" Tonks explained.

Another wave of sickness his Rosanna again making her excuse herself and run up the stairs just as mad eye moody and Kingsley entered the house but she paid no mind to that as she ran to the bathroom. Once again she let everything out and hopes that would be the last of that for the day. She stood up and walked by over to the sink and cleaned her face with some water.

"You know little one, mummy would love if you wouldn't make her so sick" Rosanna whispered, looking down at her stomach. To any other person she'd probably look crazy s she wasn't actually talking to anyone. However, to her it sort of felt like she was talking to someone. I mean the baby was probably only the size of a little knot but that never stopped anyone.

She remembered the days where her and Lily would talk about having children when they were older. One night they had even spent it coming up with baby names. Lily's names of choice had been Hollie for a girl and obviously Harry for a baby boy. Rosanna names of choice from what she could memory had been, for a girl, Heather and for a boy, she was going to name it after her father but that was thrown out of the window when he became a death eater.

Rosanna fixed her dress before making her back down the stairs only to find everyone had left, including Sirius. "Guys?!" Rosanna called, feeling a little worried that something had happened. Especially when Sirius wasn't anywhere to be soon, he wouldn't leave because he can't. She looked around before noticing a note on the table from Sirius.

'Harry and his friends are in trouble at the ministry in the department of mysteries. Please don't come, I'll be back soon

Sirius'

Rosanna crumpled the paper in her fist before quickly putting on a pair of shoes and grabbing her wand from the living room. She closed her and after feelings s though she was being stretched she appeared in a puff of white smoke in the department of mysteries where she could here Harry screaming in agony making her stomach drop.

She quickly walked out from where she was so that she could see what was going on. When she saw what he was screaming at she felt like her heart had been ripped out of chest and stomped on. "Oh my god" She whispered before sprinting over to them, tears falling from her eyes. "Rosanna" Remus said sadly as she fell to his side, clinging onto his suit jacket.

Pushing through the pain she felt in her chest she unbuttoned his suit jacket with shaky hands as she sobbed loudly. She placed her hand on his chest and waited for the golden glow to come from his body.

She was terrified that it wouldn't work and that it had been a onetime thing that she had used in Cedric.

"Please" She sobbed. "You can leave us" Rosanna cried as she placed a hand on her stomach, closing her eyes tightly. Remus looked at Rosanna with nothing but pure sympathy when he realised what she meant.

Nothing was happening.

No glow.

Nothing.