02 | the truth

— "ROSANNA?" SIRIUS MUMBLED IN shock

— "ROSANNA?" SIRIUS MUMBLED IN shock. Rosanna only smiled and ran straight into his arms. Sirius used all of his strength to spin her around when she jumped into his arms. He relished in the feeling of having her in his arms once again.

He set Rosanna back on the floor letting her pull away from him. She brought her hands up to his cheeks and examined him with a look of worry etched onto her face. "Azkaban did not treat you well, my love" She joked making Sirius let out a huff of a laugh.

He stared at her face absorbing every beautiful detail of her face that had barely changed since the last time he saw it.

She turned around to face a shocked Remus. She grinned at him before launching into his arms making him stumble back slightly. "How are you alive?" Remus and Sirius asked simultaneously. "I did die but I have no clue how I came back alive" Rosanna began.

"That priest knew I was alive when he buried me. Now you'd think if he knew I was alive he wouldn't bury me but no the man was a fecking nutcase and buried me anyway, I was still unconscious so you guys wouldn't have known any different" Rosanna shouted. "Although thanks to you Moony, I was saved because you put my wand in when I was buried" Rosanna smiled as she weaves her wand in between her fingers.

"Ah Harry!" Rosanna said with a smile. "My god you like James!" Rosanna said in a stunned tone. Harry only gave her a smile which she had to admit hurt a bit, he didn't even remember her. "Right so who are you two then?" Rosanna asked nicely as she turned to face Ron and Hermione. "Oh I'm Hermione Granger and that's Ron Weasley" Hermione said quietly. "Well it's very nice to meet you guys"

Rosanna walked back over to Sirius who wrapped his arms around her waist. "Tell me about Peter Pettigrew" Harry demanded as he raised his wand to the three adults, he had no choice as to point it at Rosanna as well even though she really had done nothing wrong. "Woah, what the hell is going on?" Rosanna asked confused but no one answered her.

"He was at school with us we thought he was our friend" Remus said. "No Pettigrew's dead! He killed him!" Harry shouted as he pointed the wand at Sirius who pushed Rosanna protectively behind him. "I thought so too until you mentioned seeing Peter on the map" Remus told him as he walked in front of Sirius.

"The map was lying then!" Harry said. "The map never lies" Sirius groaned. "Pettigrew's alive and he's right there" Sirius said as he pointed at Ron. "Me?! he's mental!" Ron bellowed. "No sweetheart, he means the rat" Rosanna said as she glared at the rat in Ron's hand, realising exactly who it was.

"But scabbers had been in my family for-" Ron was cut off by Sirius. "12 years!? curiously long life for a common garden rat! He's missing a toe isn't he?" Sirius asked angrily. "All they could find of Pettigrew was his.." Harry said quietly, starting to piece everything together.

"Finger! The dirty coward cut it off after he 'killed' Rosanna so that everyone would think he was dead, then he transformed into a rat!" Sirius shouted as he glared at the rat. "Show me" Harry ordered making Sirius smirk and try to take Ron's rat only for Ron to hold the rat away from him.

Rosanna quickly walked forward and pulled Sirius away from the boy. She bent down in front of Ron before talking to him in a soft tone. "I can tell you care deeply for this rat Ron so I want you to know that if this Rat isn't Peter what we're going to do won't hurt him in the slightest" Rosanna tried to reason with him.

Ron stared at Rosanna for a moment before his eyes softened and he passed her scabbers. She smiled at him before placing the rat in the piano and the three adults began shooting spells at it. Eventually Sirius managed to hit it as it was trying to run through a hole in the wall.

They watched as the rat quickly formed into a human. Sirius and Remus walked forward and pulled the person out of the wall and into the middle of the room. "Remus? Sirius? My old friends" Peter said as he ran forward only for the two men to fling him back. "Harry look at you, you look so much like your father, like James, we were the best of friends me and him" Peter said as he stalked over to Harry.

"How dare you speak to Harry" Sirius shouted making Peter back away, he was about to talk to Hermione before Rosanna shot in front of all the children and held her arms out in front of them protectively. "Rosanna you died, I killed you. You still look the same as you did all those years ago, beautiful.." Peter said making Rosanna grimace in disgust.

"Get the hell away from her!" Sirius roared as he launched forward and chased Peter away from her. "You sold James and Lily to Voldemort didn't you" Remus stated when him and Sirius had back Peter in behind the piano. "I didn't mean too! The dark Lord, you have no idea the weapons he possesses! Rosanna a please help me!" Peter squealed.

"You really should've known better Peter. Your little cover up is caving in on you and now you're begging for my help, you're a pathetic little man" Rosanna laughed "Well such of Sirius what would you have done? What would you have done?" Peter said as his voice quivered.

"I WOULD HAVE DIED! I WOULD HAVE DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY MY FRIENDS!" Sirius growled making Peter squeal and crawl under the piano, making a dash for the door. Rosanna quickly ran forward and blocked his path. "You should have realised Peter that if Voldemort didn't kill you then we would. Together" Sirius yelled as him and Remus raised their wands at him.

"NO!" Harry shouted suddenly. "Harry this man..." Rosanna began. "I know but we'll take him to the castle" Harry said. "Bless you! Bless you boy!" Peter smiled. "I said we'd take you to the castle. After that the dementors can have you" Harry said grimly making Peter quiver.

Sirius and Harry helped carry Ron whilst Remus kept a hold of Peter leaving Rosanna to walk behind with Hermione. "Shouldn't we have gotten Professor Snape?" Hermione asked Rosanna. "Oh no sweetheart. He'll find his own way out" Rosanna gave her a smile before giving her a boost to get out of the tree.

Sirius then bent down to help Rosanna out before taking her hand and walking over to look at Hogwarts. "I still can't believe you're alive" Sirius said as he raised his hand to cup her cheek. Rosanna smiled as she leaned into his hand. "I would kiss you but my breath really stinks" Sirius said making Rosanna laugh loudly.

She placed her hands on the side of his head and pulled his head down to her before bringing her lips to his. This was a moment Sirius would see in his dreams every night. "You should know by now; I don't really care about any of that if I want a kiss" Rosanna smiled as they both turned to look at Hogwarts.

As they were looking up at the castle Harry walked over to them and stood beside Rosanna. "It's beautiful isn't it?" He asked no one in particular. "I'll never forget the first time I walk through those doors, it would be nice to do it again as a free man" Sirius imagined.

"That was a noble thing you did back their sweetie. He doesn't deserve it though" Rosanna said. "I just didn't think my mum and dad would have wanted their best friends to become killers" Harry said making Rosanna let out an airy laugh. "Besides, dead the truth lies with him, alive you're free" he told Sirius.

"Merlin your smart little man" Rosanna said happily as she ruffled Harry's hair. "I don't know if you know Harry but before your parents died they made me and Rosanna your godparents" Sirius began. "I know" Harry said plainly. "Well I would understand if you chose to stay with your aunt and uncle" Sirius said. "If you ever wanted a different home" Rosanna said making Harry feel an excitement build inside of him.

"What? I can come and live with you guys?" Harry asked. "Well it was just a thought" Sirius said quickly. "We can understand if you don't want too" Rosanna finished Sirius sentence. Before Harry could answer the voice of Hermione could be heard calling for him. All three of them turned around to see what was wrong when they saw what she was pointing at.

The full moon.