Chapter One

With heavy footsteps, a boy stride along the street during the downpour. Without him realizing, he had collapsed in front of the tower known by many for its popularity.

~Y/n Stark pov~
I felt serene watching tiny droplets hit the window of my room. I got lost in my thoughts as the droplets are racing to reach the ground.

Jarvis: Ms. Stark.

Me: yeah?

Jarvis: It seems that a boy has   collapsed at the front door. Your father is out, so how should we proceed?

Me: Hmm... Is he unconscious?

Jarvis: Yes.

Me: Let's treat him first. We'll interrogate him later. Tell Bruce to take him in. I'll be in the lab in a few minutes.

Jarvis: Understood, miss.

' I wonder why he would be out in a day like this. Doesn't he know how to check the weather cast? '

~In the lab~

Me: What's his condition, Bruce?

Bruce: Malnourished and lack of sleep. He almost reached his limit when I took him in.

Me: That's quite severe...

Bruce: Yeah.. he should eat something right after he wakes up.

Me: We can't lower our guards, though. He might be an enemy. Let's keep him here for now and don't let him escape.

Bruce: I have to agree... I'll keep an eye on him.

Me: Thanks, Bruce. I owe you one.

Bruce: No problem.

~Bruce pov~

~the next morning~

I look at the tablet to see his status after the night.

' It seems that he is stable now. The kid is really lucky, a few more minutes and the organs would be done. Just what pushed him to this condition? '

???: Ngh~...

I look up and see that the boy trying to open his eyes again.

~Zane pov~ (yes, that's me)

I tried to wake myself up.

' I can't feel my body... What happened? It feels cold... Am I finally dead? '

Me: Ngh~...

Light pierced through my eyes. Slowly, I regained my consciousness...

When I was able to get a clear sight of where I am, I was flabbergasted. I'm in a room with many machineries. The technology used are ones that I've never seen before.

Me: Where... am I? * slow voice *

~Bruce pov~

The boy had a bewildered look on his face that he didn't even notice me.

Me: Did you have a good rest?

The boy flinched. He slowly turn towards me. I look at his haggard face and continue to ask for his condition.

Me: How are you feeling?

He seems to move his mouth but no sound can be heard.

' Maybe his energy is drained by the recovery he made through the night.. '

I move closer to him and stay at a safe distance.

Me: Can you speak?

Boy: Yes... * slow voice *

Me: Do you remember your name?

Boy: Zane.. Ford...

Me: Okay, Zane. Do you know where you are?

He shook his head, weakly. I paused for a second.

Me: You should continue your rest. I'll bring you some food in a few minutes.

I walk out of the room. I take out my phone and dialed a number. 'Yn Stark' appeared on the screen. She pick up the call.

Y/n: Hello, Bruce. Any update on the boy?

Me: Yeah. That's why I called you. He's awake and his name is Zane Ford. I'm going to fetch some snacks for him. You can go ahead and have a talk with him first.

Y/n: Got it. Thanks, Bruce. I'll tell the others.

Me: No problem, Y/n. See you later.

~Y/n pov~

I end the call with Bruce. I look at The Avengers that is in the living room with me.

Me: Wanda, do you want to come with me?

Wanda: Sure. How's the kid?

Me: He's conscious now.

Wanda: I see. Let's go.

We make our way to the room he was in. But to our surprise, he's gone.

Me: Wanda, there's no invisible entity here, right?

Wanda: Yeah, I don't feel anything here...

Suddenly, we heard a short, bloodcurdling scream, followed by a muffled voice. I look at Wanda...