Chapter Fourty-Two

I'm back, bitches!!! Anyways, I've been quite bus, so here. It's quite mundane for now, but it'll get exciting later. Hope you have an enjoyable read!!! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~3rd person pov~

The audience cheered as the boy aced the spar, making his opponent fall to the ground. He helped his sparring partner to get back on his feet before he was lift into the air by the others. They are slowly swarmed by the squad, showering him with compliments of his victory.

' That was magnificent, Zane!'

' You should try joining the army in the future!'

' Hey, teach me some of the moves!'

They are all mini-celebrating at the training ground when they heard;

' Attention! Announcing the arrival of Queen Frigga of Asgard!'

They all scrambled into lines, with Zane still sitting on one of the soldiers' shoulder, looking confused at what is happening.

' There you are, Zane. I've been looking for you everywhere.'

He heard a familiar woman's voice and turned towards the owner of it. He plastered an idiotic grin after he met her gaze, feeling a bit guilty for causing her trouble. But still, he had fun! So, it was worth it.

' Hello!' was all he could say to his caretaker.

' Haa... You really are like your mother. Did you face any troubles here?'

' Nope! They've been kind and hospitable towards me. I like them!' Zane replied.

Everyone except those two and Frigga's maid was paralyzed. They were shocked at the fact that the kid was conversing casually with their queen, not caring the fact that she is the second most important person in that land. Frigga made her way towards the soldier who is carrying Zane on his shoulder.

' Come along, Zane. We have other things to do.' she said, holding out her hands and take Zane into her arms. 

' I-If you don't mind me asking, your highness, could you tell me how is he related to you?' Hogun finally asked on behalf of every curious minds there. Everyone is focused at their queen, hoping to receive answers on the identity of the child.

Frigga just smiled at them.

' This child is the son of Lana, the Goddess of Elements. He will stay here for a while and please keep it a secret.' she finally said. Everyone look at each other, to think that their princess have a kid after she got banished. 

' Princess Lana's child?' Hogun asked for reassurance.

' Yes.'

' How did he got here?'

' Thor found him at the midgard and brought him here for him to recover.' Frigga answered, knowing that they need to know.

' I see...'

' Um... What should I call you?' Zane inquired.

' Oh, I have never told you my name, have I? My name is Frigga but you can call me grandma.' 

' Okay, grandma!' Zane said as he hugged her.

' We will take our leave first. Thank you for taking care of him, Hogun.'

' It is within our honour to be of help to our queen. We hope you will have a great day, your highness.' he said as he bow a little.

Frigga started to make a turn and head towards the exit. Zane look at the squad and gave them the biggest smile as he wave them goodbye. 

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

Sam: So, you're saying, that he is the reason behind what is happening?

Y/n: Yes. So, if I were to deduce on what had happened, I think that his mother might be abducted by them and by some kind of miracle, Zane was able to escape their grasp.

Tony: So that's why he suddenly got targeted at the bridge. To think our initiative to let him make friends ended up in them finding him...

Bruce: What are we going to do?

Nat: We can track their possible bases and try to find his mother there.

Steve: That's the only thing we could do, right?

Bucky: We should move now, we don't know what might happen to her after all this time...

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

Tony had been in his lab for a few days, tracking those bastards that had been the cause of his suffering and loses. He knows that he would want to avenge all of the death and torture his family experienced. But he didn't realize that he forgot to take care of himself, causing his body to beg him for at least a few hours of sleep.

Y/n comes into his father lab while he is so focused at the hologram in front of him. Eyebags are under his eyes, coffee mugs everywhere, his body look skinnier. Does he ever eat? At this rate, he might die of body complications before even solving this stuff. She took this matter to her own hands since her dad clearly doesn't even bother to notice. That's why she brought along some simple sandwich for him to fill his stomach a little. 

' Dad, I brought you sandwich.'

' Oh, uh, just put it on the table. I'll eat it later.'

' I won't leave until you eat it.'

' Then, feel free to stay here. I'm gonna finish this first.'

' You know that you are already at your limit. Please, just eat a little.'

' Haa... Fine.' he said as he grab one of the sandwich in the plate.

But, Tony didn't stop his hands from continuing his 'work' while eating. Y/n only shook her head. 

' When was the last time you had some sleep?'

' I don't know...' he muttered as he hands move from screen to screen.

' I don't want you to think that I'm trying to make you mad or something, BUT! If you don't take care of your body, I don't think you should help us anymore.'

' Why?! Because I wasn't good enough?! I've been trying to do this for days because I don't want Zane to suffer more than he already have!'

' I know! You love him just as much as I love him! But do you think I don't love you that much that I was scared you might leave me at this rate?!'

Tony went silent.

' Zane is our family but you are my family too!! You think Zane would be happy seeing you like this because of him?! If I let you continue being like this, you might not even see him or me or anybody else anymore!!'

Y/n took a deep breath and calm herself down.

' If you still want to do this, take care of yourself first. I'll take over your part until you are healthy enough. Goodnight, dad.'

Tony kept on replaying your words in his head, processing what he should do. He got so frustrated at first and wanted to just do it all by himself. But he started to rationalize his thoughts, knowing that he shouldn't make reckless decision. He had been reckless throughout his life, and we all know how that goes. He decided to do what his daughter advised him to, he will go to sleep. 

Unbeknownst to him, the fate has things that will happen by the time he woke up...

°~Thanks for reading~°