Chapter Nineteen

Aye yow! What's up, guys? Yeah... The meme is kinda random. But I had a good laugh. So I thought I wanna share it with you guys. Credits to the creator. Anyways, Enjoy your read! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Zane pov~

I woke up to the sound people talking next to me. I was still sleepy that I ignore all the noises.

Suddenly, my face got splashed with water. I jolt up as I heard Uncle Tony laugh his ass off. I wipe my wet face in shock. Once Uncle Tony calmed down, he grins like a madman.

' Morning, kiddo. You have quite the wet dream there.'

' Good morning, Uncle Tony. It seems that Sylvie's prank is still a thing.'

' Does she do this always?'

' On her mischievous days, yes.'

Phyl help me to dry me and the bed up.

' Now that's exciting. Hey, Sylvie. How about we prank the others?'

I just chuckle, wondering who's the kid here.

' Zane. Let me borrow Sylvie for the day.'

' Sure. I'll be in the living room during breakfast.'

With that, Uncle Tony dash out of the room with Sylvie. I got up change into a new sets of clothes. As I walk out of the room, I could hear the shout of Uncle Clint. Uncle Tony's laughter was heard next. I just shake my head.

As I enter the living room, I saw Uncle Steve making a sandwich. He looked like he just got back from the morning run

' Good morning, Uncle Steve.'

' Good morning, Zane. How are you feeling?'

' I feel better. Sorry about yesterday.'

I felt kinda guilty for passing out just like that. He must have been so shocked. Phyl told me what happened when I was walking in the hallway.

' No worries. Rather it was my fault. I wasn't able to protect you. You even protected the people in the cafe. Thank you, Zane.'

' Well, it was an ambush. It's a good thing that my friends alerted me on time.'

Phyl fly towards Uncle Steve. He got startled and looked confused when Phyl got closer. Phyl wave hello to him. He wave back, awkwardly.

' Uhh... Is this one of your... spirit friends?'

' If you're talking about Phyl, then yeah. He's one of them.'

' So.. uh.. What kind of spirit is he?'

' He's the spirit of the wind. The one who flew us to the roof.'

Phyl comes back at me and whisper to me.

' He said thank you for helping me yesterday. I was.. in a rough shape after the sudden burst of rage..'

Phyl goes to him and bow a little, as a sign of gratitude. He smiled at Phyl and turn to me.

' I'm glad you're okay now.'

Suddenly, a scream could be heard on the other end of the floor accompanied by laughters. Uncle Clint comes in with gloomy face a messy, wet hair. He was soaked from head to toe.

Steve: What was that? And why are you wet?

Clint: Tony waking people up with water. But how he could bring that much water in was unexplainable. He doesn't even have any pail with him.

Uncle Steve look at me with a questioning face. I sigh.

Me: Phyl, can you dry Uncle Clint up?

Phyl nodded and get closer to Uncle Clint. He was startled when there's a sudden gush of wind in the tower. I turn to look at Uncle Steve.

Me: I got pranked by my water spirit and Uncle Tony, who can see Sylvie, the water spirit, borrowed her so he could prank the other. I didn't expect it to be that bad, considering he's an adult.

Clint: That's where you're wrong, Zane. He's a man child! He loves pranks! But, thanks for being my dryer. I really need it.

Me: I know. It was a bad idea getting two pranksters partner up on a day like this. I'll just help to clean up the mess made by Uncle Tony and Sylvie today.

Uncle Clint ruffled my hair and went to open the fridge and grab some milk. I went to the kitchen counter, pondering on what I should eat. Uncle Clint sit next to me with a bowl of cereal.

Steve: Want some sandwich?

Me: Thanks!

Steve: By the way, we hired a caretaker for you. He will take care of you everytime we're out on a mission.

Me: A caretaker? When will he be here?

Steve: Maybe tomorrow. He's busy today.

Me: I see. You guys go on missions? What do you do on missions?

Clint: We defeat the bad guys. Like KAPOW!!! I use bow and arrow. Cap here fight with a shield.

Me: That's so cool!! Can I go to one of the missions one day?

Steve: Not yet. You're too young.

Me: So, I can go when I grow up! Awesome!!

Uncle Clint pats my head and the door slams open.

Sam: WHO, IN THE HELL, ENCOURAGE TONY TO DO PRANK DAY TODAY?!!

Clint: No one. Now take a seat after Zane dries you up.

After all the commotions in the morning, I went to all of the victims rooms and dried up all their beds. With Flare's help, the fire spirit helped me warm their beds for extra comfort that day. They all chased Uncle Tony while I was doing all of it.

When Uncle Tony was caught, he was forced to apologize by my cousin, who was also one of the victims. When she mentioned that I had cleaned up all their rooms, he looked kinda guilty and finally apologize.

Uncle Tony hugged me after that, saying ' Sorry..' over and over. I just replied that it's okay. We had a movie night and Uncle Thor and Uncle Tony bickered because they want to sit with me. In the end, I sit with Sister Y/n. She told me to sit with her on the bean bag.

Halfway through the movie, I got sleepy, mainly because of the things I have to do during the day. My sight got blurry and slowly turned pitch black...

°~Thanks for reading~°