Chapter Thirty-Nine

Yup, two chapters cuz' you deserved it. Enjoy your read!!! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Y/n pov~

Tony: He was my brother's research partner. They live in the same city considering that they worked together. He moved to a different town after a year of Robert's death.

Steve: So, he's the only possible person that could take that picture?

Tony: He's the only person I could think of.

Nat: What's his name?

Tony: Kenneth Turgeon.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

I look through the S.H.I.E.L.D's file to search for information on the suspect. Well, I hope Nick doesn't mind that I hack his organization's database for this. I mean, I know that he might consider Zane an invaluable asset in the future, so this is kind off an investment for him.

The blue hologram in front of me had ' Searching...' on it. I waited for a while as the system filter the files to find the info I need. I sip the coffee I brought with me to the lab. I recalled the event last night and what we discussed after that. Thinking back, I find it quite amusing that I could be this attached to a kid I just met a few days back. Well, I guess he is quite likable.

I was reminiscing when my head suddenly flashed to the memories that I could never forget...

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

A few years back...

I just got back from school and Happy was accompanying me as he had to meet dad as well. When the elevator door opened at the penthouse, I stepped out and saw him at the couch, just about to pick up his phone. He had been quite sad lately since Uncle Robert went missing one day. He saw me and gave me a smile before focusing to the phone call.

I sat next to him and look into his eyes, watching as the glow in his eyes suddenly disappear. Tears started forming in his eyes and I know that he just received a devastating news. His grip loosened and the phone fell out of his hands. I pick it up and tried to talk to the other end of call.

' Hello? I'm sorry, but can you tell me what happened?'

I could hear the hesitation in the caller's voice, but he slowly explained to me about the situation.

' My condolences, but the body of Mr. Robert Stark was found in an isolated place at the forest around this area. Can you come for the body recognition process at this address.'

' I understand. We'll come after we reschedule our time. Thanks for calling, sir. Have a good day.'

Being mature at the early age of 15, I took it professionally. I ended the call and pulled dad into a hug. He didn't hug me back, only tears are rolling down his cheeks. I told him that it'll be okay and that I'm here for him, but he had already shut down his mind. His eyes are devoid of any feelings and his body had forgot to function. I felt broken seeing my dad like this.

Happy seemed to understand what was happening, so he sent a letter for my leave from school. I had to study on my own for a few weeks and taking care of my dad after Happy helped me prepare for my uncle's funeral. It took time, but I managed to help my dad slowly get his life on track; He started to do things on his own and talk with the others again.

We had a heart to heart talk in which he was sorry for making me go through something like that. I smiled and told him that I was just paying back what he has done for me, all the love he gave me when I was rescued me from the devil. He made me realize that this is how family supposed to be, supporting each other through tough times. He was sobbing and I consoled him throughout the night.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

Back to the present.

I snapped out of my memory lane when I saw the screen displayed 'subject found' on it. The solemn mood I'm in, made me more determined to see who was behind the murder of one of your flesh and blood. I clicked on the file and what I found was concerning...

°~Thanks for reading~°