Chapter Fourty-One

Sorry for the late update guys. Author block kinda had me there. And I need to do some research for this chapter. I'll try to make next chapter better. Hope you enjoy your read! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~3rd person pov~

' Wow~! So cool~!' said the kid that suddenly appeared at our training ground. The soldiers just look at the boy, who is watching all the weapons that are stacked at a corner of the place. They looked at each other, having the same exact expression and thinking the same exact thing;

' Did someone bring their kid here today?'

The boy examines each weapon, one by one, admiring its design and analyzing the range of attack it had. Really, it always amazes him when a smith can create such beautiful weaponry for other people to use.

Hogun, one of the Three Warriors, stride closer, evaluating if the kid is a threat. he doesn't seem to mind him inching closer and just turn to face one of the strongest people there. Hogun kneel down so he is on the same eye level as the kid.

' Hello! are you the leader in this place?' the boy asked cheerily.

' Hello young one. indeed, I am one of them. Can I know who your guardian might be?' he asked back.

' Uh... I kind of don't know who took care of me earlier and she was nowhere to be found.' he answered sheepishly while fiddling with his hands.

' How are you able to get here?'

' I just walk off in an attempt to find her or something and it kinda led me here.' the boy look down, as if he knew he is going to be scolded.

' I see... Do you know her name, at least?'

' No... She never mentioned it.'

' I guess we don't have a choice. Why don't you stay here for the time being? She might be searching for you right now, so staying at one place will make it easier for her.'

' Okay.'

Hogun stand up and gestured at the kid to follow him. The boy's face light up. The small hand reaches out for Hogun's as they walk and he was shock at first, but decided that it's what kids do.

' My name is Zane! What's yours?'

' You can call me Hogun.'

Zane chanted his name for a few times so he would not forget and Hogun just smile at his antics as they walk towards the group.

' Attention!' Hogun shouted.

' Sir, yes sir!' everyone responded, shifting their absolute focus on their leader, sometimes glancing at the kid with him.

' We are going to look after him for the time being until his guardian come over. Assume this as a special session for this week. Play nice.'

Just as Hogun made that announcement, the squad had huge smiles on their faces. They immediately put on their friendly expression.

' Introduce yourself, young one.' Hogun said softly as he looks at Zane, who nodded after that.

' Hi! My name is Zane! I'm 13! Nice to meet you!'

Everyone started swarming the little guy and the leader, getting to know with the small sunshine that suddenly appeared in front of them. One of them suddenly asked,

' Did you not get scared by our leader, kid? Isn't his face quite scary?'

' Why should I be? He's nice towards me. You guys are too!' He replied, a sweet grin is plastered on his face. Everyone was either melted by that or congratulating their cruel-faced leader at that point.

They chatted with each other and share stories. At one point, Zane was asked if he ever gotten engage in a combat situation.

' I've never really fight with people, but I sometimes had spar. I sparred with my uncle and he got slammed to the ground.'

The group laughed while Hogun just let out a little smirk. They were amused and intrigued at the same time, so one of them decided to exchange a few blows with him. Zane agreed and they briefed about the rules, leaving some space for them to spar. Hogun decided to be the judge while the others cheered, making the training ground noisier than ever.

Zane and the guy got into their own fighting stance and Hogun begin his countdown.

' Ready? 3, 2, 1, GO!'

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Frigga's pov~

I was searching around the castle with my maids, hoping to at least catch a glimpse of Lana's son. We've been pacing back and forth, looking at every section of the palace we could reach. The only places we haven't been to yet was Odin's throne room, Odin's vault and the training ground.

' I really hope he's not in Odin's vicinity...'

Then, one of my maids rushed towards me.

' Pardon my impolite appearance your highness, but a guard just told me about a kid suddenly appeared at the training ground. He was waiting for his guardian there.'

I let out a sigh of relief and quickly headed there.

°~Thanks for reading~°