Chapter Thirty-Two

Yellow! Next chapter for ya is out! Hope you like it. Enjoy your read! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Tony pov~

I was checking my suits status after the last mission when Jarvis alerted me.

' Excuse me, Sir. It's an emergency.'

' What is it Jarvis?'

' The car Mr. Hogan was driving has fall off the bridge. There was an accident followed by it.'

' Was Happy the only person in the car?'

' Zane was in the car too. They were on their way back from Midtown School of Science and Technology.'

My heart dropped. It thumped louder by seconds.

' Jarvis, get a suit ready on the balcony and tell me the coordinate of the car.'

I ran out of my lab towards the elevator. I reached the common area and dashed towards the balcony, ignoring the weird stares that fall upon me. I suit up and go to the crash site.

' No no no no NO! He can't die on me like that! He told me that he'll be there for me!!! Please, Zane, please be alright!!!'

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Bucky pov~

Tony suddenly ran out of the lift and head towards balcony. He didn't even realize when I ask him ' What's wrong?'. My heart felt uneasy, and I look at the others who were there. Steve and Sam looked confused and Wanda seemed shock. I think she managed to read Tony's mind before he flew out of the place.

Me: Wanda, what's wrong?

Wanda: I-it's.. it's Zane...

Me: What?! What happened to him?!

Wanda: The car he's in fall off the bridge...

Everyone: What?!!

Everyone face turned pale. We all look at each other.

Me: Jarvis, play their voice and video recording ten minutes before the car fall.

Knowing Tony, he might have installed that functions in his car.

Jarvis: Certainly, Mr. Bucky.

The TV stopped playing the movie we were watching, and show us a video of Happy and Zane. They were chatting about his first day of school. Their surroundings looked normal for a few seconds. Suddenly, I noticed that something was off.

Me: There's a van.. following them..

Everyone looked at the black van behind their car. They were followed around for a few minutes.

Zane: Sorry, Happy. This is the only way out of here.

Zane suddenly turned the wheel, making the car fall off the bridge. Wanda clasped her hands to her mouth. We were speechless at his action.

Zane: Trust me, we'll make it out alive.

Just as he said it, the video went static, telling us that the footage was over. We all sat at the sofa quietly, absorbing what we just watched. The scenes of him swerving the car kept on replaying in my head. Every details in that scene slowly getting crystal clear. When he swerved the car for the tenth times in my mind, I saw a pivotal detail we all missed.