Chapter Eighteen

Heyya! How do you do? Hope you're doing well! Here's more chapter for you! Hope you enjoy it! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Tony pov~

I was quite panicked when Steve brought Zane in, unconscious. Bruce told me to stay at the living room with the others so he can focus. I pace back on forth as the time ticking. Steve collapsed on the couch looking exasperated.

' REALLY BRUCE?! I HAVE TO STAY OUTSIDE FEELING ANXIOUS LIKE THIS?!!'

Me: Steve. Tell me what happened.

I stand in front of him. He sigh loudly. He put his hands to his face. It took a while until he responded to my question.

Steve: U-uhh... Well, when Zane and Nat were back from buying books, they were followed by someone and Zane took care of it. He get us out of their sight. Then, he told us about his... spirit friends and how he met the woman who followed us.

Me: Zane saved you guys?

Steve: Yeah, he insisted on it because the woman was getting closer to us. After that was settled, I brought him to the cafe you told me about.

Me: And you were attacked but Zane saved you again. He fainted after that?

Steve: Y-yeah... I was so shocked I panicked and let Nat handle the rest.

Nat: Yeah. You shouldn't have left me alone, Steve.

Me: You're back. What happened to those bastards?

Nat: Locked up and knocked out. By the way, meet Alfred. I figured he might be good enough to be Zane's caretaker and your coffee maker, Tony.

She said as she introduce an old man to us despite what happened. I was feeling kinda sceptical towards him.

Me: And why do you think I should hire him?

Nat: Because he can brew a coffee that even Steve can enjoy. Plus~,

I flinched when Nat launched a surprise attack towards Alfred but he caught her hand quite easily. Our mouths went agape.

Nat: He's that strong, so he can look over Zane while we're gone.

Alfred: As much as I like surprises, Miss Nat, I'm quite old for this to happen every now and then. I'm open for a spar once a week though.

Me: Huh... I'm impressed. Even Steve had a hard time blocking your surprise attacks when we first met you.

Nat: I know, right? So, do you want him to brew you a cup of coffee and see if it's to your liking?

Me: I don't see why not since he already come this far. Anyone else want some coffee?

Three other people raise their hands.

Nat: The kitchen is right over there, old man.

Alfred: I'll be back with the drinks.

He walk off. I turn to Nat.

Me: What happened when the attack occurred?

Nat started to explain her side of story and I just sat in one of the couch as I listened.

Me: I see... Zane might be stronger than we thought... Wanda, do you think you can teach him to control his power?

Wanda: He could control his power better than me. What more can teach him?

Me: Really?! W-well... Maybe you can train with him for self-defense then.

Wanda: Sure. I could use a training partner.

Then, Alfred came in with four cups of coffee. He gave me a cup and I took a sip with the other three. A few satisfied sounds can be heard from others while I stay silent.

Sam: Ohoho~. Now this, is a good coffee!

Clint: I can just drink this everyday.

Y/n: This is officially my new favourite beverage.

Nat: Not only that, he can make good tea for anyone who can't tolerate caffeine.

I just finished my cup of drink in silence as everyone else look at me.

Nat: So? What do you think?

Tony: You're hired. Nat show him a room for him to stay in.

Nat smiled widely.

Nat: Well, old man. We will have a spar tomorrow if you're okay with that. Follow me.

Alfred: Thank you, Sir Tony. And I think tomorrow is a fine day for a spar, so I will take that offer. Lead me the way.

Nat and Alfred got out of the room. Just when the negative thoughts have died down, Bruce come in.

Bruce: Zane is fine. He's just exhausted after all that happened. He'll wake up tomorrow.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

Bruce: And you can let him sleep in your bedroom, Tony.

Everyone else chuckled.

Me: Ha. Ha. Very funny. I'm just worried. Now if you'll excuse me.

I got out of the room and went to get my small nephew. He's sleeping soundly even after I took him into my arms. To think this small kid was able to do so much and keep it all to himself. I lay him on the bed and when I was about to get up, I felt something tugging my sleeve.

It was Sylvie. She motioned at me as if telling me to sleep together.

' I think she realized that I always have a messed up sleeping schedule.'

Me: Okay. I'll sleep tonight. Good night Sylvie.

I got under the covers and rest my eyes.

°~Thanks for reading~°