Chapter Twenty-Eight

Have a good day, everyone! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Peter pov~

' And... Done!'

' Did it work?' he asked.

' Let's see...'

I wear the black fingerless glove with some mechanics we assembled on it. I aimed my equipped hand at a dummy I saw in the lab. I push the button and bullet is launched, hitting the dummy before letting out some gas that act as a smokescreen. It's a success.

' We did it!'

' Awesome! Your idea is so cool! Great job, Zane!'

We gave each other a high-five.

' So, do you want to...'

He suddenly trailed off looking so concerned. He's not looking at me but at the.. walls? I don't know.

' What's up, Zane?'

' Uh.. I'll be back. You can bring that glove with you and wait for me at the common area.'

' Okay.'

And with that, he's gone at the speed of lightning. I took off the glove and head to the common area.

' I wonder what happened...'

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Tony pov~

I sat on the roof as my mind replay all of the memories with him and the day... we found his body with torture marks. I felt numb. What happened that day, changes everything in my life. He was all I had left after all, except Y/n. She had helped me to cope with everything when I was unable to function for a year. I got really down and... I sighed.

' Uncle Tony?'

I turn around. ' When did he come?'

' Are you okay?'

I smiled, but I can tell that it was a weak smile. He sit next to me.

' I just... miss my brother. He was the only family I had before I got Y/n in my life. So, losing him.. took a toll on me.'

Without me realizing, tears started rolling down my face. He took my hand and started drawing on it. It's kinda calming me down.

' Uh.. well.. mom always told me that people come and go at every point in our life. And we have to accept it. She sometimes cry too but she doesn't know that I know about it. When I asked her what to do if she go, she told me not to ignore the ones that I have and that someone will come into my life and help me. You have Big Sis
Y/n and your friends. You also have me.'

I look at my hand being played by his tiny fingers. I hold one of his hands and look at the sky.

' Yeah, you're right. Thanks, kiddo.'

I look down and wipe the tears with my other hand before looking at him. He then hug me.

' It'll be okay. It'll all turn out fine.'

I hug him back, smiling. I felt better.

' Let's go back, Zane.' I said as I pick him up.

' By the way, how did you know I'm here?'

' Sylvie like to follow you around since the prank day. So she told me.'

I chuckled as we go in. ' So, what did you do in my lab?'

He springs up and looked so excited.

' Go to the common area! I'll show you!'

I just laugh at his antics.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~3rd person pov~

The meeting was dismissed and the Avengers went to the common area when Fury leaves. They sat on the couches as they think about what just happened.

Peter comes in and was slightly shocked to see all of them there.

Peter: Uh.. did the meeting end already?

Nat: Yeah. Where's Zane?

Peter: Well, he suddenly dash out of the lab. He looked kinda concerned before going out.

Everyone just look at each other.

Peter: Uh... Is something wrong?

Nat: No, it's nothing. What did you have in your hands there?

Peter: Oh, this? It's a glove me and Zane put up together. He came up with an idea and I just help him build it.

Ding!

Everyone turn their faces at the elevator. Tony was carrying Zane as he walk. He let go of him and Zane ran to hug Peter.

Zane: Peter!! Sorry for running out on you earlier.

Peter: No worries. Ready to show them what we made?

Zane: Yup!

Zane made a makeshift dummy using metals for the demonstration. Peter put the glove back on. He shoots the bullet and there are smokes covering the dummy.

Tony: Wow.. a smokescreen, huh? But can't the heat sensor detect you?

Zane: That's why we make the chemical in the bullet causes heat reaction that reaches the same temperature as a human body. So it will confuses the heat sensor.

Tony summoned his helmet and look at the dummy. Then he took it off.

Tony: He's right. The heat sensor doesn't pick up the differences in heat with the smokescreen.

Sam: And you create something like that in an hour?!

Peter: Plus 20 minutes. Zane made the blueprint and I just assembled some stuff.

Bruce: And a blueprint?

Zane: Yep!

Nat: That's a good invention.

Steve: Great work, kids.

Everyone smiled and Sam pick Zane up, swinging him in the air. Zane just giggled. The others congratulate Peter, patting him on the back.

Sam: Man! How did I got such a brainy nephew? He's a genius!

Tony: Well, I already know that and as a matter of fact, I'm the most awesome uncle.

Sam: Are we having labels now? If we are, then I'm his cool uncle.

Bucky: Sure, take that title, Sam.

Sam: Steve and Bucky is going to have grandpa titles!

Steve: What?!

Tony: Oh, come on, Capsicle. We all know that you're both old. Almost a century, right?

Steve: Well, I have you know that Thor is older.

Nat: But he's in Asgard, so technically you're both the oldest.

Bucky: Come on, Steve. You know they're right. Just let them go. I'm also older than you. So you should listen to your elders.

That day ended with laughters...

°~Thanks for reading~°