Chapter Thirty-Five

Have fun guys! Hope you'll like this chapter! Enjoy your read! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~3rd person pov~

Everyone went silent after Steve finished, going over what just happened. But something just doesn't add up. How did Zane and his family got affiliated with Hydra? How did they know where to search for him?

Clint: I think there's more to this than we know.

Nat: But who's the key in this case?

Y/n gave it a deep thought. She was looking through the album Zane had brought with him. She looked at the picture of his mother and his father at the hospital. Then it strike her.

Y/n: Wait... Who took this picture?

Everyone turned to her, intrigued by what she just said.

Y/n: If my uncle and his partner is in this picture, there's someone else who knew of his existence since he was just a baby.

Sam: Are you sure it's not the nurse?

Y/n: The nurse's hands are at the corner, arranging some stuff. Look.

She showed it to the others. Some of them nodded while others observed the picture with deep concentration.

Y/n: Someone knew about him and never told us about it. And his father was missing after that only to be found dead later. I think the one who's behind all this is an acquaintance with his mom or dad and they are affiliated with Hydra.

Sam: Huh.. You could become a detective, Y/n. You're good!

Y/n: The problem is, I don't know who it is. Uncle Robert lived quite far from here. I think that was why we were not informed about it at that time.

Steve: But who were close enough to them that they can be there when Zane was born?

Nat: I think we should ask Tony about it. He knows his deceased brother best.

Ding!

Eyes on the elevator door as it opened, letting Bruce out of it. He turned to them with a calm expression. Nat opened her mouth, as if trying to ask something but she refrained herself. Bruce saw it and swiftly answered her curiosity.

Bruce: He's okay.  He just overexert his body limit. Hopefully he'll be fine by tomorrow.

Everyone sigh in relief. We started discussing on other things while we put the previous question on hold.

Ding!

Tony and Bucky came out of the lift. The atmosphere felt quite awkward and nobody talk for a few seconds, that is until Y/n break the silence.

Y/n: Dad, do you know anyone who was close Uncle Robert?

Tony: Why?

She explained about what they were discussing with each other earlier. Tony stood there, trying to remember any details that he missed. Suddenly, there was a lightbulb on Tony's head, well, you get what I mean. He took his phone out and look through his contact. When he found the one he's been looking for, he connect it to the hologram and show it to everyone one.

Tony: There's only one person capable of coming with him to the hospital, his research partner who lived near him until he moved two years after his.. death. He never told me about a baby between Robert and Lana though.

Just as he said that, Jarvis sounded an alert.

Jarvis: Sir, there are intruders inside the building.

Tony: What?! Where?!!

Jarvis: They are spotted near the med bay.

Tony: SHIT!! ZANE!!!

Everyone dash to get their weapons while Tony summoned his available suit and jump off the balcony. Everyone make their way to the med bay floor.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Zane pov~

' Uncle Tony?'

' Sister Y/n?'

' Mom?'

' Anyone?'

' Please.. I'm scared...'

My spirit friends woke me up and told me to make barrier to keep myself safe. I sit up and hug my knees that is covered with a blanket. I haven't heard anything yet and my body keeps on getting worse..

Suddenly, I heard a loud banging on my safe barrier. It doesn't sound friendly in the slightest. So I just stay inside. The banging got harder and harder, as if they're trying to break it apart.

My body heat keeps on rising, making me feel lightheaded and it gets worse everytime. I couldn't feel my body and I shuddered everytime I breath.

' Please.. somebody... Somebody.. just come in.. please..'

I tried to keep my eyes stay opened throughout the things that have been going on, but my head was spinning like crazy that I can't even move a limb. Tears started to slip down my face and my breath is getting coarse. Despite the loud noises outside, my eyes started to flutter and slowly shuts..

' Uncle Tony..'

°~Thanks for reading~°