Chapter Twenty-Five

Yup. Another chapter. No warning this time. Have fun!! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Bucky pov~

' I know that you've been avoiding him these few days. And since he's like me, of course he'd notice.'

I went silent as he stroke Zane's hair. I could see that he deeply cares for Zane.

' He have been helping people at every chance he get. When he saw that you're in the training room, finally within his line of sight, he grabbed the opportunity to help. He even helped me when he knew that I was sleep deprived.'

He smirked a little. The elevator stop and we walked out of it as soon as the door opened.

' He made me realize that you can help people at the smallest help you can give. He noticed that I can't sleep alone because of the nightmares I've been having. So he has been sleeping with me for the last few days to make sure I got enough sleep. And you,..'

He stopped in front of his door, facing me.

' ...he saw that you're hurt by the fear that all the kids, that encountered you, have shown.'

He opened the door to his room and picked Zane up from me before tucking him in. I just stand there as Tony sat next to Zane in the bed.

' You should try talking with him sometimes. He's a peculiar one.' he said.

' Yeah, he's strong too..'

' That's why he's a Stark.' He chuckled.

I look at Zane's peaceful expression as he sleep. A smile crept up to my face.

' Thanks for bringing him here. Make sure you don't run away from him again.'He said with a stern but goofy tone before grinning at me. I just smiled back at him.

' No problem. I will.'

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Zane pov~

I woke up around 3 in the morning. I got out of the bed and went to the bathroom. When I got out, I feel so refreshed that I started doing sit up to the 100 count. Then I change my position to do 100 push ups.

' Well, considering my condition, I can't do as much as I used to do. But this is good enough.'

When I'm done, it was already almost 5 o'clock. I feel so energized and excited that I finally got to go for a run. I can't wait for Uncle Steve to pick me up for a run.

' Jarvis?'

' Yes, Zane?'

' Can I have a glass of water?'

Suddenly, a section of the wall open up, revealing a cup in it. I stared in awe.

' Here you go, Zane.'

' Thanks!'

' So cool..' I said under my breath. I grabbed the cup and drink all of the water in one gulp. I put it back in the section and it closed up.

' That's awesome..' I whispered to myself. Gears are turning in my head as I figure out how it was made. I let myself sink in the thoughts of how the mechanics work.

A knock on the door made me flinch a little.

' Zane? Are you up?'

' Uncle Steve...'

' Yeah, I'm up!' I said as I open the door slowly, not wanting to wake up Uncle Tony.

' Let's go.' he said as he smile at me.

' Alright!'

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

Uncle Steve brought me to a park. Uncle Sam already started his laps and we started to do some warm ups. When we're done, Uncle Steve started to run first. I take a few deep breaths and started to dash around the man-made lake. I started to catch up to Uncle Steve who are just behind Uncle Sam.

Sam: Don't say it! Don't say it!

Steve: On your left!

Sam: Oh, come on!

I chuckled before I was right next to Uncle Sam.

Me: Hey, Uncle Sam. Wanna see something funny?

Sam: What?

I run faster and when I was about to cut through Uncle Steve, I smiled.

Me: ON YOUR LEFT!!

Uncle Steve was shocked that he jumped a little. I laughed and started to run faster.

' Ah.. This soothing feeling as I run. I haven't felt it for more than a month.'

Whenever I passed next to Uncle Steve, I would say the same thing he'd say when he passed next to Uncle Sam. After around 50 laps, I slowed down and started cooling my body down.

Uncle Steve is done after two more laps and stand next to me. He was catching his breath.

Steve: I thought you haven't run for a long time.

Me: Well, that's still slower than how fast I used to run.

Uncle Sam stopped running as he slowly walk towards us. He crashed himself on the big tree near us.

Sam: I can't believe I was running next to a racecar just now. How are you guys so fast?!!

Me: But at least you got to see Uncle Steve got outrun by a kid.

Sam: You bet! I'm going to tell this to the whole team!

I chuckled while he laugh his ass off. Uncle Steve just rolled his eyes.

Steve: Well, let's go back and have some breakfast.

Uncle Steve pick me up along with a water bottle he carried with him earlier. I hugged him as I look at the beautiful scenery of the park as the sun started to rise.

' It's beautiful...'

°~Thanks for reading~°