Chapter Thirty-Seven

Hello! How are you? Remember to take care of yourself, okay? This chapter is a peaceful one. Hope you have an enjoyable read! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

' Hello, mother!'

' Good morning, princess.'

' Are you going to the garden again?'

' Yes. Do you want to join me?'

' Sure!'

*

*

*

~3rd person pov~

Tony joined the others in the tower, blasting every enemies he sees. Thor came back and knock out every foes within the vicinity. They all fight till the end of the wave of enemies. After for what felt like a few hours, the place is finally free from gunshots and screams. Everyone can finally take some rest and group up. They all look at each other and scan for any injuries. Tony took off his suit.

Steve: I guess we managed to handle all of that without any casualties.

Bucky: Yeah.

Sam: Ah man! I'm beat!

Tony: Hey, Thunderman. Who have our kid?

Thor: I ask my mother to take care of him while I'm here. Do you want me to take him back?

Tony: Ye-

Y/n: No. We need to look into this first. That kid is in constant danger and we can't investigate this properly if they keep on targeting the kid.

Tony: Fine...

Clint: So what do we do now?

Y/n: Dad, tell us about the man. We weren't able to hear about it since we were attacked.

Sam: Have someone called Fury? I don't think we want these in our tower the whole night.

Nat: I've already done it. He'll be here in ten minutes.

Tony: Good, we can leave this to eye patch guy. Let's go back to the common area.

Everyone make their way to the elevators. Nat pulled Tony aside.

Nat: Tony. Can I talk to you?

Tony: Sure. Spit it out.

Nat: Look, I-I'm sorry.. about earlier. I guess I was paranoid about it. But I never doubted your ability nor did I want to make Zane suffer. I'm really sorry, Tony.

Tony look at Nat as she looked down from guilt. He was mad at her for what happened but her worries are justified and he understand the feeling of being engulfed in anxiety. He have moments like that too. He sighed.

Tony: Fine, I accept your apology. But we were careless too, so I'm sorry. Don't forget to apologize to Zane later.

Tony went to the lift and push the 'up' button. Nat smiled with relief before following Tony from behind.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Zane pov~

I wonder where I am. The bed felt different and I don't think I hear anyone. Even the air feels different. I hope I wasn't kidnapped or anything. I remember the last thing I saw was Uncle Tony and he was kinda blurry. Maybe my condition was that bad?

I try to open my eyes but my eyelids are heavy. I kept on pouring my energy there so I can see where I am. After a few minutes and hundreds of attempt, light enters my sight and my eyes slowly adjust until the surroundings started to clear up.

Okay, I'm serious now, where am I?! The place had a different style than the modern look at the tower. The door is very high and it's kinda golden. The room has humongous space that you can fit 50 adults in here. My spirit friends was floating around happily as I woke up. Sylvie was the most funny one. She told me that she was happy that I'm okay, but then asked me if she can go to uncle. I guess this place is safe if she can react like that. I just nodded and she's gone.

Suddenly, the door opened and a lady comes in. I turned to her and she smiled. She doesn't give off bad feelings so I relaxed a bit. She brought a tray with her.

' It seems that you are in better shape than last night. How are you feeling?'

' Better, I guess..'

' You need to eat something after going all out like that. Here.'

She put the tray in front of me. There's a bowl of something that looked like porridge. I look at it for a while before I grab the spoon and eat slowly. It was good, but the colour was.. unique. She puts her hand on my forehead for a few seconds as I eat. When I'm done I just look at her as she take the tray outside and come back in. She sat at the end of the bed.

' U-uhh.. thank you for the meal..'

She just smiled at me. I got curious as to how I was taken here and why is she taking care of me, but I kept it to myself. Mom always say that everything happens for a reason, so I just let it be.

' You look like your mother when she was little.'

' You know my mom?'

' Yeah, she's quite an adventurous fellow. But she always protect her siblings from danger.'

' Siblings?'

' Half siblings, if I were to tell the truth.'

I suddenly remembered the times mom told me about her two brothers that always get in trouble when they all play outside the palace..

°~Thanks for reading~°