Chapter Fourty

Hello! Hope you have a great day today! Enjoy your read! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Y/n pov~

I transfer the files and close the program.

' Jarvis, is everyone up?'

' Yes, Ms. Stark. Do you want me to call them to the common area?'

' Yeah, thanks Jarvis.'

I scrambled all my stuff and head upstairs as quickly as I can. My heart was thumping loudly, thinking that we have a lead on this case.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Frigga pov~

The boy suddenly cried. I was taken aback.

' Did I say something wrong?'

I pat his back to console him, hoping the sobbing will die down and I could ask him what happened. Seeing that this how he reacted towards what I said about his mother...

That's it. Something must have happened to Lana, for him to be like that after I mentioned about her. He sobbed quite badly. After a while, he suddenly fell asleep. I don't blame him though, he cried so much that he could fill a bucket with it.

I got out of the room and went to the library to continue my daily routine. I hope that the kid doesn't leave the room and go anywhere else...

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Zane pov~

I accidentally fell asleep. When I woke up and realized about it, I felt bad seeing that I had inconvenienced the woman who took care of me. She was trying to have a conversation with me but was greeted with tears instead. I guess she had gone to do stuff after I fall asleep.

My body is filled with energy, so I got up and do stretches near the bed. After that, I look around the room and saw a change of clothes that doesn't look like it was from earth. I take look at it and find out that it was about my size. I change into it and it felt really comfortable despite it looking kinda old fashioned.

I look out of the door and tried to see if there's anything that could give me information, but there was no one outside. I pondered on wether I should go out and try to find anything or stay in the room. After a long consideration, the later idea was quite mundane.

I step out of the room and I was greeted with a much more beautiful and stunning decor on the hallway. My eyes darted around the building as I walk around. My spirit friends was also admiring the picturesque design of this place. It was as if I'm at the place my mom always described to me, golden and glowing.

' Mom...'

I shook my head and continued my journey to find more about this place.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Frigga pov~

' I'm sorry, my queen. The boy has suddenly disappeared.'

' What? Where did he go?!' I asked urgently.

' I don't know, I was carrying the tray of food for him but he was nowhere to be found in the room.'

' Oh, no... ' I sighed.

I got up and went to look for him. I hope he, at least, didn't meet with Odin. Who knows what he'll do to the kid...

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~3rd person pov~

At the tower...

They arrived at the common area after being alerted by Y/n to go to there. They were all anxious at what she is about tell them. She never really gathered people for anything unless it was important. They all sat at the couch as she was getting ready.

When all of them had take their seat, Y/n started her speech.

Y/n: So, last night, I hacked the SHIELD's database to look for-

Steve: You, what?!

Steve was shocked. Tony on the other hand was proud of her.

' Like father, like daughter.' he thought as a smirk started to form on his face.

Y/n: No, wait! I know it's wrong, but this is related to Zane.

Steve was still opposed to that, but he shut himself up so Y/n can talk about what she has to say, nagging later.

Y/n: So, the guy that dad shows us yesterday, Kenneth Turgeon, I look him up. And I found this.

With a swipe on her tablet, there was a hologram on the suspect behind all of this.

Name, Kenneth Turgeon

Occupation, scientist for Hydra.

Y/n: I think he maybe found out about Zane's mother being an Asgardian and started to target them for years. Maybe Uncle Robert did something about their record in the hospital, making the tracking of Zane and her mother wasn't successful for years. And it was also the reason we didn't know of their existence.

°~Thanks for reading~°